Coconut Water vs Orange Juice: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Coconut water
At first glance, you can see that in coconut water is much less calories than in orange juice.
Coconut water has 19 kcal per 100g and orange juice 45 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 137%.
In coconut water and in orange juice most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare coconut water with orange juice in details.
Fact 2: Coconut water And Orange juice Nutrition Difference
- Calories: orange juice - 137% more than coconut water
- Carbohydrates: orange juice - 180% more than coconut water
- Fat: orange juice - 0% more than coconut water
- Dietary fiber: coconut water - 450% more than orange juice
- Protein: coconut water - 3% more than orange juice
- Water: coconut water - 8% more than orange juice
Orange juice vs Coconut water: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Coconut water||Orange juice|
|Carbohydrates||3.71 g||10.4 g|
|Fat||0.2 g||0.2 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.1 g||0.2 g|
|Protein||0.72 g||0.7 g|
|Water||94.99 g||88.3 g|
|Calcium||24 mg||11 mg|
|Iron||0.29 mg||0.2 mg|
|Magnessium||25 mg||11 mg|
|Phosphorus||3 mg||0.1 mg|
|Potassium||250 mg||200 mg|
|Sodium||105 mg||1 mg|
|Zink||3 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.03 mg||0.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.057 mg||0.03 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.08 mg||0.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.032 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.003 mg||0.03 mg|
|Vitaminium C||2.4 mg||50 mg|
More protein in coconut water
It is aslo easy to see see that in coconut water is more protein than in orange juice.
There is 0.7g per 100g of orange juice and 0.72g per 100g of coconut water so using simple math we can see that difference is about 3%.
Less carbohydrates in coconut water
In coconut water is less carbohydrates than in orange juice.
There is 10.4g/100g of carbohydrates in orange juice and 3.71g/100g in coconut water so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 180%.
The same amount of fats
There is the same amount of fat in coconut water and orange juice - 0.2g/100g.
- Carbohydrates3.71 g
- Fat0.2 g
- Dietary fiber1.1 g
- Protein0.72 g
- Water94.99 g
100g | ounce | glass | cup | half cup
- 76% CARBS.
- 15% PROTEIN
- 9% FAT
Vitamins: orange juice vs coconut water
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): orange juice 200% more than coconut water
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): coconut water 90% more than orange juice
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): orange juice 400% more than coconut water
- Vitaminium B6: orange juice 25% more than coconut water
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): orange juice 900% more than coconut water
- Vitaminium C: orange juice 1983% more than coconut water
Minerals: coconut water vs orange juice
- Calcium: coconut water 118% more than orange juice
- Iron: coconut water 45% more than orange juice
- Magnessium: coconut water 127% more than orange juice
- Phosphorus: coconut water 2900% more than orange juice
- Potassium: coconut water 25% more than orange juice
- Sodium: coconut water 10400% more than orange juice
- Zink: coconut water 2900% more than orange juice
Compares of coconut water
- Coconut Water vs Coconut Milk
- Coconut Water vs Almond Milk
- Coconut Water vs Coffee
- Coconut Water vs Tea
- Coconut Water vs Oat Milk
- Coconut Water vs Rice Milk
- see all compares of coconut water
Compares of orange juice
- see all compares of orange juice
- Calories from Coconut water
- Calories of Salmon
- Calories in Nutella
- Paratha calories per 100g
- Ham steak carbs per 100g
- Spanakopita protein per 100g
- Chicken shawarma fat per 100g
- How many calories does chobani yogurt nonfat have?
- Calories in a half of Butterfinger
- Calories in whole Butterfinger
- Calories for one, two or more Butterfingers
- Calories in tablespoon of Butterfingers
- How much protein in crab salad?