Cocoa vs Dark Chocolate: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Cocoa
At first glance, you can see that in cocoa is much less calories than in dark chocolate.
Cocoa has 228 kcal per 100g and dark chocolate 546 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 139%.
In cocoa and in dark chocolate most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare cocoa with dark chocolate in details.
Fact 2: Cocoa And Dark chocolate Nutrition Difference
Dark chocolate vs Cocoa: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Cocoa||Dark chocolate|
|Carbohydrates||57.9 g||61.17 g|
|Fat||13.7 g||31.28 g|
|Dietary fiber||37 g||7 g|
|Protein||19.6 g||4.88 g|
|Water||3 g||0.97 g|
|Calcium||128 mg||56 mg|
|Iron||13.86 mg||8.02 mg|
|Magnessium||499 mg||146 mg|
|Phosphorus||2.5 mg||8.1 mg|
|Potassium||1524 mg||559 mg|
|Sodium||21 mg||24 mg|
|Zink||2.5 mg||8.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.078 mg||0.025 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.241 mg||0.05 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||2.185 mg||0.725 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.118 mg||0.042 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.1 mg||0.54 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.003 mg||0.008 mg|
More protein in cocoa
It is aslo easy to see see that in cocoa is more protein than in dark chocolate.
There is 4.88g per 100g of dark chocolate and 19.6g per 100g of cocoa so using simple math we can see that difference is about 302%.
Less carbohydrates in cocoa
In cocoa is less carbohydrates than in dark chocolate.
There is 61.17g/100g of carbohydrates in dark chocolate and 57.9g/100g in cocoa so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 6%.
Less fat in cocoa
In cocoa is less fats than in dark chocolate.
The tables above show us that there is 31.28g/100g of fats in dark chocolate and 13.7g/100g in cocoa. In this case difference is about 128%.
- Carbohydrates57.9 g
- Fat13.7 g
- Dietary fiber37 g
- Protein19.6 g
- Water3 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 53% CARBS.
- 18% PROTEIN
- 28% FAT
Vitamins: dark chocolate vs cocoa
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): cocoa 212% more than dark chocolate
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): cocoa 382% more than dark chocolate
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): cocoa 201% more than dark chocolate
- Vitaminium B6: cocoa 181% more than dark chocolate
- Vitaminium E: dark chocolate 440% more than cocoa
- Vitaminium K: dark chocolate 167% more than cocoa
Minerals: cocoa vs dark chocolate
- Calcium: cocoa 129% more than dark chocolate
- Iron: cocoa 73% more than dark chocolate
- Magnessium: cocoa 242% more than dark chocolate
- Phosphorus: dark chocolate 224% more than cocoa
- Potassium: cocoa 173% more than dark chocolate
- Sodium: dark chocolate 14% more than cocoa
- Zink: dark chocolate 224% more than cocoa
Compares of cocoa
Compares of dark chocolate
- see all compares of dark chocolate
- Calories from Cocoa
- Calories of Stromboli
- Calories in Moo Goo Gai Pan
- Boost, Nutritional drink calories per 100g
- Gulab Jamun carbs per 100g
- Chicken patty protein per 100g
- Brandy and cola fat per 100g
- How many calories does Quaker Oatmeal have?
- Calories in a half of mixed nuts
- Calories in whole mixed nuts
- Calories for one, two or more mixed nuts
- Calories in tablespoon of mixed nuts
- Calories in teaspoon of mixed nuts
- How much protein in macaroni with cheese?