Chive vs Green Onions: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Chive vs green onions - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in chive is just a little less calories than in green onions.
Chive has 30 kcal per 100g and green onions 32 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 7 %.
In chive and in green onion most calories came from carbs.
chive or green onions - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: green onions - 7% more than chive.
- Carbohydrates: green onions - 69% more than chive.
- Fat: chive - 74% more than green onions.
- Dietary fiber: green onions - 4% more than chive.
- Protein: chive - 44% more than green onions.
Chive vs green onions: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|per 100g||Chive||Green onions|
|Carbohydrates||4.35 g||7.34 g|
|Fat||0.73 g||0.19 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.5 g||2.6 g|
|Protein||3.27 g||1.83 g|
|Calcium||92 mg||72 mg|
|Iron||1.6 mg||1.48 mg|
|Magnessium||42 mg||20 mg|
|Potassium||296 mg||276 mg|
|Sodium||3 mg||16 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.078 mg||0.055 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.115 mg||0.08 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.647 mg||0.525 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.138 mg||0.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||105 mg||0.064 mg|
|Vitaminium C||58.1 mg||18.8 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.21 mg||0.55 mg|
|Vitaminium K||212.7 mg||0.207 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in chive is more protein than in green onions.
There is 1.83g per 100g of green onions and 3.27g per 100g of chive so using simple math we can see that difference is about 44 %.
Where is more carbs?
In chive is less carbohydrates than in green onions.
There is 7.34g/100g of carbohydrates in green onions and 4.35g/100g in chive so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 69 %.
Where is more fats?
In chive is more fats than in green onions.
Tables below show us that there is 0.19g/100g of fats in green onions and 0.73g/100g in chive. In this case difference is about 74 %.
See tables below to compare chive with green onions in details.
- Carbohydrates4.35 g
- Fat0.73 g
- Dietary fiber2.5 g
- Protein3.27 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | bunch | cup | chopped
- 47% CARBS.
- 35% PROTEIN
- 18% FAT
chive or green onions - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): chive - 29% more than green onions.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): chive - 30% more than green onions.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chive - 19% more than green onions.
- Vitaminium B6: chive - 56% more than green onions.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): chive - 100% more than green onions.
- Vitaminium C: chive - 68% more than green onions.
- Vitaminium E: green onions - 162% more than chive.
- Vitaminium K: chive - 100% more than green onions.
chive or green onions - where is more minerals?
Compares of chive
- Bamboo Shoots vs Chive
- Basella vs Chive
- Bitter Melon vs Chive
- Bok Choy vs Chive
- Broccoli vs Chive
- Cabbage vs Chive
Compares of green onion
- Calories from Chive
- Calories of Coriander
- Calories in Dandelion
- Dill calories per 100g
- Epazote carbs per 100g
- Garlic protein per 100g
- Ginger fat per 100g
- How many calories does lemongrass have?
- Calories in handful of parsley leaves
- Calories in tablespoon of parsley leaves
- Calories in bunch of parsley leaves
- How much protein in peppermint?