Chili Powder vs Cayenne: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Chili powder
At first glance, you can see that in Chili powder is less calories than in cayenne.
Chili powder has 282 kcal per 100g and cayenne 318 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 13%.
In Chili powder and in cayenne most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare Chili powder with cayenne in details.
Fact 2: Chili powder And Cayenne Nutrition Difference
Cayenne vs Chili powder: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Chili powder||Cayenne|
|Carbohydrates||49.7 g||56.63 g|
|Fat||14.28 g||17.27 g|
|Dietary fiber||34.8 g||27.2 g|
|Protein||13.46 g||12.01 g|
|Water||10.75 g||8.05 g|
|Calcium||330 mg||148 mg|
|Iron||17.3 mg||7.8 mg|
|Magnessium||149 mg||152 mg|
|Potassium||1950 mg||2014 mg|
|Sodium||2867 mg||30 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.25 mg||0.328 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.94 mg||0.919 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||11.6 mg||8.701 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||2.094 mg||2.45 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.028 mg||0.106 mg|
|Vitaminium C||0.7 mg||76.4 mg|
|Vitaminium E||38.14 mg||29.83 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.106 mg||0.08 mg|
More protein in Chili powder
It is aslo easy to see see that in Chili powder is more protein than in cayenne.
There is 12.01g per 100g of cayenne and 13.46g per 100g of Chili powder so using simple math we can see that difference is about 12%.
Less carbohydrates in Chili powder
In Chili powder is less carbohydrates than in cayenne.
There is 56.63g/100g of carbohydrates in cayenne and 49.7g/100g in Chili powder so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 14%.
Less fat in Chili powder
In Chili powder is less fats than in cayenne.
The tables above show us that there is 17.27g/100g of fats in cayenne and 14.28g/100g in Chili powder. In this case difference is about 21%.
- Carbohydrates49.7 g
- Fat14.28 g
- Dietary fiber34.8 g
- Protein13.46 g
- Water10.75 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | teaspoon
- 52% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 34% FAT
Vitamins: cayenne vs Chili powder
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): cayenne 31% more than Chili powder
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): Chili powder 2% more than cayenne
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): Chili powder 33% more than cayenne
- Vitaminium B6: cayenne 17% more than Chili powder
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cayenne 279% more than Chili powder
- Vitaminium C: cayenne 10814% more than Chili powder
- Vitaminium E: Chili powder 28% more than cayenne
- Vitaminium K: Chili powder 33% more than cayenne
Minerals: Chili powder vs cayenne
Compares of Chili powder
- Chili Powder vs Cayenne
- Chili Powder vs Black Pepper
- Chili Powder vs Cumin
- see all compares of Chili powder
Compares of cayenne
- Calories from Chili powder
- Calories of Dried agave
- Calories in Milk powder
- Pastrami calories per 100g
- Tomato juice carbs per 100g
- Tuna protein per 100g
- Belriso fat per 100g
- How many calories does Bosc pear have?
- Calories in a half of buttered bagel
- Calories in whole buttered bagel
- Calories for one, two or more buttered bagels
- How much protein in Pozole soup?