Chicken vs Salmon: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Chicken
At first glance, you can see that in chicken is much more calories than in salmon.
Chicken has 114 kcal per 100g and salmon 208 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 82 %.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in chicken cames from protein and in salmon from fat.
See tables below to compare chicken with salmon in details.
Fact 2: Chicken And Salmon Nutrition Difference
Salmon vs Chicken: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Fat||1.65 g||13.42 g|
|Protein||23.2 g||20.42 g|
|Water||74.86 g||64.89 g|
|Calcium||12 mg||9 mg|
|Iron||0.73 mg||0.34 mg|
|Magnessium||27 mg||27 mg|
|Phosphorus||2.4 mg||0.5 mg|
|Potassium||239 mg||363 mg|
|Sodium||68 mg||59 mg|
|Zink||2.4 mg||0.5 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.068 mg||0.207 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.092 mg||0.155 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||10.604 mg||8.672 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.54 mg||0.636 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.004 mg||0.026 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.22 mg||3.55 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.001 mg|
More protein in chicken
It is aslo easy to see see that in chicken is more protein than in salmon.
There is 20.42g per 100g of salmon and 23.2g per 100g of chicken so using simple math we can see that difference is about 14 %.
Less fat in chicken
In chicken is less fats than in salmon.
The tables above show us that there is 13.42g/100g of fats in salmon and 1.65g/100g in chicken. In this case difference is about 713 %.
- Fat1.65 g
- Protein23.2 g
- Water74.86 g
100g | ounce | single piece | breast | thigh | leg | wing
- 0% CARBS.
- 86% PROTEIN
- 14% FAT
Vitamins: salmon vs chicken
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): salmon 204% more than chicken
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): salmon 68% more than chicken
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chicken 22% more than salmon
- Vitaminium B6: salmon 18% more than chicken
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): salmon 550% more than chicken
- Vitaminium E: salmon 1514% more than chicken
- Vitaminium K: chicken 100% more than salmon
Minerals: chicken vs salmon
Compares of chicken
- Chicken vs Chicken Breast
- Chicken vs Chicken vs Salmon
- Chicken vs Duck Meat
- Chicken vs Goose Meat
- Chicken vs Goose Liver
- Chicken vs Turkey Meat
- see all compares of chicken
Compares of salmon
- Calories from Chicken
- Calories of Lemon juice
- Calories in Coffee
- Cocoa calories per 100g
- Stromboli carbs per 100g
- Moo Goo Gai Pan protein per 100g
- Boost, Nutritional drink fat per 100g
- How many calories does gulab jamun have?
- Calories in a half of brandy and cola
- Calories in whole brandy and cola
- Calories for one, two or more brandy and cola
- Calories in glass of brandy and cola
- Calories in cup of brandy and cola
- How much protein in Quaker Oatmeal?