Chicken vs Chicken Breast: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Chicken
At first glance, you can see that in chicken is much less calories than in chicken breast.
Chicken has 114 kcal per 100g and chicken breast 172 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 51%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in chicken cames from protein and in chicken breast from fat.
See tables below to compare chicken with chicken breast in details.
Fact 2: Chicken And Chicken breast Nutrition Difference
Chicken breast vs Chicken: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Chicken||Chicken breast|
|Fat||1.65 g||9.25 g|
|Protein||23.2 g||20.85 g|
|Water||74.86 g||69.46 g|
|Calcium||12 mg||11 mg|
|Iron||0.73 mg||0.74 mg|
|Magnessium||27 mg||25 mg|
|Phosphorus||2.4 mg||0.4 mg|
|Potassium||239 mg||220 mg|
|Sodium||68 mg||63 mg|
|Zink||2.4 mg||0.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.068 mg||0.063 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.092 mg||0.085 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||10.604 mg||9.908 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.54 mg||0.53 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.004 mg||0.004 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.22 mg||0.27 mg|
More protein in chicken
It is aslo easy to see see that in chicken is more protein than in chicken breast.
There is 20.85g per 100g of chicken breast and 23.2g per 100g of chicken so using simple math we can see that difference is about 11%.
Less fat in chicken
In chicken is less fats than in chicken breast.
The tables above show us that there is 9.25g/100g of fats in chicken breast and 1.65g/100g in chicken. In this case difference is about 461%.
- Fat1.65 g
- Protein23.2 g
- Water74.86 g
100g | ounce | single piece | breast | thigh | leg | wing
- 0% CARBS.
- 86% PROTEIN
- 14% FAT
Vitamins: chicken breast vs chicken
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): chicken 8% more than chicken breast
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): chicken 8% more than chicken breast
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chicken 7% more than chicken breast
- Vitaminium B6: chicken 2% more than chicken breast
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): chicken breast 0% more than chicken
- Vitaminium E: chicken breast 23% more than chicken
Minerals: chicken vs chicken breast
- Calcium: chicken 9% more than chicken breast
- Iron: chicken breast 1% more than chicken
- Magnessium: chicken 8% more than chicken breast
- Phosphorus: chicken 500% more than chicken breast
- Potassium: chicken 9% more than chicken breast
- Sodium: chicken 8% more than chicken breast
- Zink: chicken 500% more than chicken breast
Compares of chicken
- Chicken vs Chicken Breast
- Chicken vs Chicken vs Chicken Breast
- Chicken vs Duck Meat
- Chicken vs Goose Meat
- Chicken vs Goose Liver
- Chicken vs Turkey Meat
- see all compares of chicken
Compares of chicken breast
- Calories from Chicken
- Calories of Lemon juice
- Calories in Coffee
- Cocoa calories per 100g
- Stromboli carbs per 100g
- Moo Goo Gai Pan protein per 100g
- Boost, Nutritional drink fat per 100g
- How many calories does gulab jamun have?
- Calories in a half of brandy and cola
- Calories in whole brandy and cola
- Calories for one, two or more brandy and cola
- Calories in glass of brandy and cola
- Calories in cup of brandy and cola
- How much protein in Quaker Oatmeal?