Chicken Breast vs Salmon: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Chicken breast
At first glance, you can see that in chicken breast is more calories than in salmon.
Chicken breast has 172 kcal per 100g and salmon 208 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 21 %.
In chicken breast and in salmon most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare chicken breast with salmon in details.
Fact 2: Chicken breast And Salmon Nutrition Difference
Salmon vs Chicken breast: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Chicken breast||Salmon|
|Fat||9.25 g||13.42 g|
|Protein||20.85 g||20.42 g|
|Water||69.46 g||64.89 g|
|Calcium||11 mg||9 mg|
|Iron||0.74 mg||0.34 mg|
|Magnessium||25 mg||27 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.4 mg||0.5 mg|
|Potassium||220 mg||363 mg|
|Sodium||63 mg||59 mg|
|Zink||0.4 mg||0.5 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.063 mg||0.207 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.085 mg||0.155 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||9.908 mg||8.672 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.53 mg||0.636 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.004 mg||0.026 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.27 mg||3.55 mg|
More protein in chicken breast
It is aslo easy to see see that in chicken breast is more protein than in salmon.
There is 20.42g per 100g of salmon and 20.85g per 100g of chicken breast so using simple math we can see that difference is about 2 %.
Less fat in chicken breast
In chicken breast is less fats than in salmon.
The tables above show us that there is 13.42g/100g of fats in salmon and 9.25g/100g in chicken breast. In this case difference is about 45 %.
- Fat9.25 g
- Protein20.85 g
- Water69.46 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 0% CARBS.
- 50% PROTEIN
- 50% FAT
Vitamins: salmon vs chicken breast
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): salmon 229% more than chicken breast
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): salmon 82% more than chicken breast
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chicken breast 14% more than salmon
- Vitaminium B6: salmon 20% more than chicken breast
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): salmon 550% more than chicken breast
- Vitaminium E: salmon 1215% more than chicken breast
Minerals: chicken breast vs salmon
- Calcium: chicken breast 22% more than salmon
- Iron: chicken breast 118% more than salmon
- Magnessium: salmon 8% more than chicken breast
- Phosphorus: salmon 25% more than chicken breast
- Potassium: salmon 65% more than chicken breast
- Sodium: chicken breast 7% more than salmon
- Zink: salmon 25% more than chicken breast
Compares of chicken breast
- Chicken Breast vs Chicken
- Chicken Breast vs Chicken Leg
- Chicken Breast vs Goose Breast
- Chicken Breast vs Duck Breast
- Chicken Breast vs Turkey Breast
- Chicken Breast vs Pork
- see all compares of chicken breast
Compares of salmon
- Calories from Chicken breast
- Calories of Orange juice
- Calories in Cider
- Pork neck calories per 100g
- Tabbouleh carbs per 100g
- McFlurry McDonald's protein per 100g
- Kolache fat per 100g
- How many calories does injera have?
- Calories in a half of brandy
- Calories in whole brandy
- Calories for one, two or more brandy
- Calories in glass of brandy
- Calories in cup of brandy
- Calories in shot (small glass) of brandy
- How much protein in salmon patty?
- Chicken Breast vs Tofu nutrition
- Chicken Thigh vs Chicken Legs calories
- Chicken Wing vs Chicken Leg protein
- Corned Beef vs Pastrami sugar
- Ham Steak vs Bacon vitamins
- Prime Rib vs Filet Mignion dietary fiber
- Ribeye Steak vs Filet Mignon vitaminium C
- Roast Beef vs Pastrami magnessium
- Sirloin Steak vs Filet Mignon potassium