Chia Seeds vs Sunflower Seeds: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Chia seeds
At first glance, you can see that in chia seeds is less calories than in sunflower.
Chia seeds has 486 kcal per 100g and sunflower 584 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 20%.
In chia seeds and in sunflower most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare chia seeds with sunflower in details.
Fact 2: Chia seeds And Sunflower Nutrition Difference
Sunflower vs Chia seeds: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Chia seeds||Sunflower Seeds|
|Carbohydrates||42.12 g||20 g|
|Fat||30.74 g||51.46 g|
|Dietary fiber||34.4 g||8.6 g|
|Protein||16.54 g||20.78 g|
|Calcium||631 mg||78 mg|
|Iron||7.72 mg||5.25 mg|
|Magnessium||335 mg||325 mg|
|Phosphorus||860 mg||660 mg|
|Potassium||407 mg||645 mg|
|Sodium||16 mg||9 mg|
|Zink||4.58 mg||5 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.62 mg||1.48 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.17 mg||0.355 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||8.83 mg||8.335 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||49 mg||227 mg|
|Vitaminium C||1.6 mg||1.4 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.5 mg||35.17 mg|
Less protein in chia seeds
It is aslo easy to see see that in chia seeds is less protein than in sunflower.
There is 20.78g per 100g of sunflower and 16.54g per 100g of chia seeds so using simple math we can see that difference is about 26%.
More carbohydrates in chia seeds
In chia seeds is more carbohydrates than in sunflower.
There is 20g/100g of carbohydrates in sunflower and 42.12g/100g in chia seeds so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 111%.
Less fat in chia seeds
In chia seeds is less fats than in sunflower.
The tables above show us that there is 51.46g/100g of fats in sunflower and 30.74g/100g in chia seeds. In this case difference is about 67%.
- Carbohydrates42.12 g
- Fat30.74 g
- Dietary fiber34.4 g
- Protein16.54 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 33% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 54% FAT
Vitamins: sunflower vs chia seeds
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): sunflower 139% more than chia seeds
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sunflower 109% more than chia seeds
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chia seeds 6% more than sunflower
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): sunflower 363% more than chia seeds
- Vitaminium C: chia seeds 14% more than sunflower
- Vitaminium E: sunflower 6934% more than chia seeds
Minerals: chia seeds vs sunflower
- Calcium: chia seeds 709% more than sunflower
- Iron: chia seeds 47% more than sunflower
- Magnessium: chia seeds 3% more than sunflower
- Phosphorus: chia seeds 30% more than sunflower
- Potassium: sunflower 58% more than chia seeds
- Sodium: chia seeds 78% more than sunflower
- Zink: sunflower 9% more than chia seeds
Compares of chia seeds
- Chia Seeds vs Buckwheat
- Chia Seeds vs Linseed
- Chia Seeds vs Poppy Seed
- Chia Seeds vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Chia Seeds vs Quinoa
- Chia Seeds vs Sesame
- see all compares of chia seeds
Compares of sunflower
- Calories from Chia seeds
- Calories of Coconut
- Calories in Linseed
- Hazelnuts calories per 100g
- Macadamia nuts carbs per 100g
- Peanuts protein per 100g
- Pecan fat per 100g
- How many calories do Pine nuts have?
- Calories in handful of poppy seed
- Calories in tablespoon of poppy seed
- Calories in teaspoon of poppy seed
- How much protein in pumpkin seeds?