Chia Seeds vs Sesame: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Chia seeds vs sesame - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in chia seeds is less calories than in sesame.
Chia seeds has 486 kcal per 100g and sesame 573 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 18 %.
In chia seeds and in sesame most calories came from fat.
chia seeds or sesame - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: sesame - 18% more than chia seeds.
- Carbohydrates: chia seeds - 44% more than sesame.
- Fat: sesame - 62% more than chia seeds.
- Dietary fiber: chia seeds - 66% more than sesame.
- Protein: sesame - 7% more than chia seeds.
Chia seeds vs sesame: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|per 100g||Chia seeds||Sesame|
|Carbohydrates||42.12 g||23.45 g|
|Fat||30.74 g||49.67 g|
|Dietary fiber||34.4 g||11.8 g|
|Protein||16.54 g||17.73 g|
|Calcium||631 mg||975 mg|
|Iron||7.72 mg||14.55 mg|
|Magnessium||335 mg||351 mg|
|Phosphorus||860 mg||629 mg|
|Potassium||407 mg||468 mg|
|Sodium||16 mg||11 mg|
|Zink||4.58 mg||7.75 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.62 mg||0.791 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.17 mg||0.247 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||8.83 mg||4.515 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||49 mg||97 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.5 mg||0.25 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in chia seeds is less protein than in sesame.
There is 17.73g per 100g of sesame and 16.54g per 100g of chia seeds so using simple math we can see that difference is about 7 %.
Where is more carbs?
In chia seeds is more carbohydrates than in sesame.
There is 23.45g/100g of carbohydrates in sesame and 42.12g/100g in chia seeds so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 44 %.
Where is more fats?
In chia seeds is less fats than in sesame.
Tables below show us that there is 49.67g/100g of fats in sesame and 30.74g/100g in chia seeds. In this case difference is about 62 %.
See tables below to compare chia seeds with sesame in details.
- Carbohydrates42.12 g
- Fat30.74 g
- Dietary fiber34.4 g
- Protein16.54 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 33% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 54% FAT
chia seeds or sesame - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): sesame - 28% more than chia seeds.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sesame - 45% more than chia seeds.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chia seeds - 49% more than sesame.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): sesame - 98% more than chia seeds.
- Vitaminium E: chia seeds - 50% more than sesame.
chia seeds or sesame - where is more minerals?
- Calcium: sesame - 55% more than chia seeds.
- Iron: sesame - 88% more than chia seeds.
- Magnessium: sesame - 5% more than chia seeds.
- Phosphorus: chia seeds - 27% more than sesame.
- Potassium: sesame - 15% more than chia seeds.
- Sodium: chia seeds - 31% more than sesame.
- Zink: sesame - 69% more than chia seeds.
Compares of chia seeds
- Buckwheat vs Chia Seeds
- Chia Seeds vs Linseed
- Chia Seeds vs Poppy Seed
- Chia Seeds vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Chia Seeds vs Quinoa
- Chia Seeds vs Sesame
Compares of sesame
- Calories from Chia seeds
- Calories of Coconut
- Calories in Linseed
- Hazelnuts calories per 100g
- Macadamia nuts carbs per 100g
- Peanuts protein per 100g
- Pecan fat per 100g
- How many calories do Pine nuts have?
- Calories in handful of poppy seed
- Calories in tablespoon of poppy seed
- Calories in teaspoon of poppy seed
- How much protein in pumpkin seeds?