Chia Seeds vs Quinoa: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Chia seeds vs quinoa - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in chia seeds is more calories than in quinoa.
Chia seeds has 486 kcal per 100g and quinoa 368 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 24 %.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in chia seeds cames from fat and in quinoa from carbs.
chia seeds or quinoa - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: chia seeds - 24% more than quinoa.
- Carbohydrates: quinoa - 52% more than chia seeds.
- Fat: chia seeds - 80% more than quinoa.
- Dietary fiber: chia seeds - 80% more than quinoa.
- Protein: chia seeds - 15% more than quinoa.
Chia seeds vs quinoa: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|per 100g||Chia seeds||Quinoa|
|Carbohydrates||42.12 g||64.16 g|
|Fat||30.74 g||6.07 g|
|Dietary fiber||34.4 g||7 g|
|Protein||16.54 g||14.12 g|
|Calcium||631 mg||47 mg|
|Iron||7.72 mg||4.57 mg|
|Magnessium||335 mg||197 mg|
|Phosphorus||860 mg||457 mg|
|Potassium||407 mg||563 mg|
|Sodium||16 mg||5 mg|
|Zink||4.58 mg||3.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.62 mg||0.36 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.17 mg||0.318 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||8.83 mg||1.52 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||49 mg||184 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.5 mg||2.44 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in chia seeds is more protein than in quinoa.
There is 14.12g per 100g of quinoa and 16.54g per 100g of chia seeds so using simple math we can see that difference is about 15 %.
Where is more carbs?
In chia seeds is less carbohydrates than in quinoa.
There is 64.16g/100g of carbohydrates in quinoa and 42.12g/100g in chia seeds so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 52 %.
Where is more fats?
In chia seeds is more fats than in quinoa.
Tables below show us that there is 6.07g/100g of fats in quinoa and 30.74g/100g in chia seeds. In this case difference is about 80 %.
See tables below to compare chia seeds with quinoa in details.
- Carbohydrates42.12 g
- Fat30.74 g
- Dietary fiber34.4 g
- Protein16.54 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 33% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 54% FAT
chia seeds or quinoa - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): chia seeds - 42% more than quinoa.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): quinoa - 87% more than chia seeds.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chia seeds - 83% more than quinoa.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): quinoa - 276% more than chia seeds.
- Vitaminium E: quinoa - 388% more than chia seeds.
chia seeds or quinoa - where is more minerals?
- Calcium: chia seeds - 93% more than quinoa.
- Iron: chia seeds - 41% more than quinoa.
- Magnessium: chia seeds - 41% more than quinoa.
- Phosphorus: chia seeds - 47% more than quinoa.
- Potassium: quinoa - 38% more than chia seeds.
- Sodium: chia seeds - 69% more than quinoa.
- Zink: chia seeds - 32% more than quinoa.
Compares of chia seeds
- Buckwheat vs Chia Seeds
- Chia Seeds vs Linseed
- Chia Seeds vs Poppy Seed
- Chia Seeds vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Chia Seeds vs Quinoa
- Chia Seeds vs Sesame
Compares of quinoa
- Calories from Chia seeds
- Calories of Coconut
- Calories in Linseed
- Hazelnuts calories per 100g
- Macadamia nuts carbs per 100g
- Peanuts protein per 100g
- Pecan fat per 100g
- How many calories do Pine nuts have?
- Calories in handful of poppy seed
- Calories in tablespoon of poppy seed
- Calories in teaspoon of poppy seed
- How much protein in pumpkin seeds?