Chia Seeds vs Pumpkin Seeds: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Chia seeds
At first glance, you can see that in chia seeds is less calories than in pumpkin seeds.
Chia seeds has 486 kcal per 100g and pumpkin seeds 559 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 15%.
In chia seeds and in pumpkin seeds most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare chia seeds with pumpkin seeds in details.
Fact 2: Chia seeds And Pumpkin seeds Nutrition Difference
Pumpkin seeds vs Chia seeds: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Chia seeds||Pumpkin seeds|
|Carbohydrates||42.12 g||10.71 g|
|Fat||30.74 g||49.05 g|
|Dietary fiber||34.4 g||6 g|
|Protein||16.54 g||30.23 g|
|Calcium||631 mg||46 mg|
|Iron||7.72 mg||8.82 mg|
|Magnessium||335 mg||592 mg|
|Phosphorus||860 mg||1233 mg|
|Potassium||407 mg||809 mg|
|Sodium||16 mg||7 mg|
|Zink||4.58 mg||7.81 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.62 mg||0.273 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.17 mg||0.153 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||8.83 mg||4.987 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||49 mg||58 mg|
|Vitaminium C||1.6 mg||1.9 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.5 mg||35.1 mg|
Less protein in chia seeds
It is aslo easy to see see that in chia seeds is less protein than in pumpkin seeds.
There is 30.23g per 100g of pumpkin seeds and 16.54g per 100g of chia seeds so using simple math we can see that difference is about 83%.
More carbohydrates in chia seeds
In chia seeds is more carbohydrates than in pumpkin seeds.
There is 10.71g/100g of carbohydrates in pumpkin seeds and 42.12g/100g in chia seeds so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 293%.
Less fat in chia seeds
In chia seeds is less fats than in pumpkin seeds.
The tables above show us that there is 49.05g/100g of fats in pumpkin seeds and 30.74g/100g in chia seeds. In this case difference is about 60%.
- Carbohydrates42.12 g
- Fat30.74 g
- Dietary fiber34.4 g
- Protein16.54 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 33% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 54% FAT
Vitamins: pumpkin seeds vs chia seeds
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): chia seeds 127% more than pumpkin seeds
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): chia seeds 11% more than pumpkin seeds
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chia seeds 77% more than pumpkin seeds
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): pumpkin seeds 18% more than chia seeds
- Vitaminium C: pumpkin seeds 19% more than chia seeds
- Vitaminium E: pumpkin seeds 6920% more than chia seeds
Minerals: chia seeds vs pumpkin seeds
- Calcium: chia seeds 1272% more than pumpkin seeds
- Iron: pumpkin seeds 14% more than chia seeds
- Magnessium: pumpkin seeds 77% more than chia seeds
- Phosphorus: pumpkin seeds 43% more than chia seeds
- Potassium: pumpkin seeds 99% more than chia seeds
- Sodium: chia seeds 129% more than pumpkin seeds
- Zink: pumpkin seeds 71% more than chia seeds
Compares of chia seeds
- Chia Seeds vs Buckwheat
- Chia Seeds vs Linseed
- Chia Seeds vs Poppy Seed
- Chia Seeds vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Chia Seeds vs Quinoa
- Chia Seeds vs Sesame
- see all compares of chia seeds
Compares of pumpkin seeds
- Calories from Chia seeds
- Calories of Coconut
- Calories in Linseed
- Hazelnuts calories per 100g
- Macadamia nuts carbs per 100g
- Peanuts protein per 100g
- Pecan fat per 100g
- How many calories do Pine nuts have?
- Calories in handful of poppy seed
- Calories in tablespoon of poppy seed
- Calories in teaspoon of poppy seed
- How much protein in pumpkin seeds?