Chia Seeds vs Amaranth: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Chia seeds vs amaranth - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in chia seeds is more calories than in amaranth.
Chia seeds has 486 kcal per 100g and amaranth 409 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 16 %.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in chia seeds cames from fat and in amaranth from carbs.
chia seeds or amaranth - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: chia seeds - 16% more than amaranth.
- Carbohydrates: amaranth - 59% more than chia seeds.
- Fat: chia seeds - 74% more than amaranth.
- Saturated fat: chia seeds - 55% more than amaranth.
- Dietary fiber: chia seeds - 81% more than amaranth.
- Protein: amaranth - 3% more than chia seeds.
Chia seeds vs amaranth: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|per 100g||Chia seeds||Amaranth|
|Carbohydrates||42.12 g||67 g|
|Fat||30.74 g||8 g|
|Saturated fat||3.3 g||1.5 g|
|Dietary fiber||34.4 g||6.7 g|
|Protein||16.54 g||17 g|
|Calcium||631 mg||159 mg|
|Iron||7.72 mg||7.6 mg|
|Magnessium||335 mg||248 mg|
|Phosphorus||860 mg||557 mg|
|Potassium||407 mg||508 mg|
|Sodium||16 mg||0.01 mg|
|Zink||4.58 mg||2.9 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in chia seeds is less protein than in amaranth.
There is 17g per 100g of amaranth and 16.54g per 100g of chia seeds so using simple math we can see that difference is about 3 %.
Where is more carbs?
In chia seeds is less carbohydrates than in amaranth.
There is 67g/100g of carbohydrates in amaranth and 42.12g/100g in chia seeds so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 59 %.
Where is more fats?
In chia seeds is more fats than in amaranth.
Tables below show us that there is 8g/100g of fats in amaranth and 30.74g/100g in chia seeds. In this case difference is about 74 %.
See tables below to compare chia seeds with amaranth in details.
- Carbohydrates42.12 g
- Fat30.74 g
- Saturated fat3.3 g
- Dietary fiber34.4 g
- Protein16.54 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 33% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 54% FAT
chia seeds or amaranth - where is more vitamins?
chia seeds or amaranth - where is more minerals?
- Calcium: chia seeds - 75% more than amaranth.
- Iron: chia seeds - 2% more than amaranth.
- Magnessium: chia seeds - 26% more than amaranth.
- Phosphorus: chia seeds - 35% more than amaranth.
- Potassium: amaranth - 25% more than chia seeds.
- Sodium: chia seeds - 100% more than amaranth.
- Zink: chia seeds - 37% more than amaranth.
Compares of chia seeds
- Buckwheat vs Chia Seeds
- Chia Seeds vs Linseed
- Chia Seeds vs Poppy Seed
- Chia Seeds vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Chia Seeds vs Quinoa
- Chia Seeds vs Sesame
Compares of amaranth
- Calories from Chia seeds
- Calories of Coconut
- Calories in Linseed
- Hazelnuts calories per 100g
- Macadamia nuts carbs per 100g
- Peanuts protein per 100g
- Pecan fat per 100g
- How many calories do Pine nuts have?
- Calories in handful of poppy seed
- Calories in tablespoon of poppy seed
- Calories in teaspoon of poppy seed
- How much protein in pumpkin seeds?