Chestnuts vs Walnuts: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Chestnuts vs walnuts - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in chestnuts is much less calories than in walnuts.
Chestnuts has 213 kcal per 100g and walnuts 654 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 207 %.
In chestnuts and in walnuts most calories came from carbs.
chestnuts or walnuts - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: walnuts - 207% more than chestnuts.
- Carbohydrates: chestnuts - 70% more than walnuts.
- Fat: walnuts - 2785% more than chestnuts.
- Dietary fiber: chestnuts - 17% more than walnuts.
- Protein: walnuts - 529% more than chestnuts.
Chestnuts vs walnuts: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|Carbohydrates||45.54 g||13.71 g|
|Fat||2.26 g||65.21 g|
|Dietary fiber||8.1 g||6.7 g|
|Protein||2.42 g||15.23 g|
|Calcium||27 mg||98 mg|
|Iron||1.01 mg||2.9 mg|
|Magnessium||32 mg||158 mg|
|Phosphorus||93 mg||346 mg|
|Potassium||518 mg||441 mg|
|Sodium||3 mg||2 mg|
|Zink||0.52 mg||3.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.238 mg||0.341 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.168 mg||0.15 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.179 mg||1.125 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.509 mg||0.57 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.376 mg||0.537 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||62 mg||98 mg|
|Vitaminium C||43 mg||1.3 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in chestnuts is less protein than in walnuts.
There is 15.23g per 100g of walnuts and 2.42g per 100g of chestnuts so using simple math we can see that difference is about 529 %.
Where is more carbs?
In chestnuts is more carbohydrates than in walnuts.
There is 13.71g/100g of carbohydrates in walnuts and 45.54g/100g in chestnuts so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 70 %.
Where is more fats?
In chestnuts is less fats than in walnuts.
Tables below show us that there is 65.21g/100g of fats in walnuts and 2.26g/100g in chestnuts. In this case difference is about 2785 %.
See tables below to compare chestnuts with walnuts in details.
- Carbohydrates45.54 g
- Fat2.26 g
- Dietary fiber8.1 g
- Protein2.42 g
100g | ounce | single piece | handfull | cup | half cup
- 86% CARBS.
- 5% PROTEIN
- 10% FAT
chestnuts or walnuts - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): walnuts - 43% more than chestnuts.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): chestnuts - 11% more than walnuts.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chestnuts - 5% more than walnuts.
- Vitaminium B5: walnuts - 12% more than chestnuts.
- Vitaminium B6: walnuts - 43% more than chestnuts.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): walnuts - 58% more than chestnuts.
- Vitaminium C: chestnuts - 97% more than walnuts.
chestnuts or walnuts - where is more minerals?
- Calcium: walnuts - 263% more than chestnuts.
- Iron: walnuts - 187% more than chestnuts.
- Magnessium: walnuts - 394% more than chestnuts.
- Phosphorus: walnuts - 272% more than chestnuts.
- Potassium: chestnuts - 15% more than walnuts.
- Sodium: chestnuts - 33% more than walnuts.
- Zink: walnuts - 494% more than chestnuts.
Compares of chestnuts
- Almonds vs Chestnuts
- Brazil Nuts vs Chestnuts
- Cashew Nuts vs Chestnuts
- Chestnuts vs Hazelnuts
- Chestnuts vs Macadamia Nuts
- Chestnuts vs Peanuts