Chestnuts vs Macadamia Nuts: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Chestnuts
At first glance, you can see that in chestnuts is much less calories than in macadamia nuts.
Chestnuts has 213 kcal per 100g and macadamia nuts 718 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 237%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in chestnuts cames from carbs and in macadamia nuts from fat.
See tables below to compare chestnuts with macadamia nuts in details.
Fact 2: Chestnuts And Macadamia nuts Nutrition Difference
Macadamia nuts vs Chestnuts: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Chestnuts||Macadamia nuts|
|Carbohydrates||45.54 g||13.82 g|
|Fat||2.26 g||75.77 g|
|Dietary fiber||8.1 g||8.6 g|
|Protein||2.42 g||7.91 g|
|Calcium||27 mg||85 mg|
|Iron||1.01 mg||3.69 mg|
|Magnessium||32 mg||130 mg|
|Phosphorus||93 mg||188 mg|
|Potassium||518 mg||368 mg|
|Sodium||3 mg||5 mg|
|Zink||0.52 mg||1.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.238 mg||1.195 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.168 mg||0.162 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.179 mg||2.473 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.509 mg||0.758 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.376 mg||0.275 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||62 mg||11 mg|
|Vitaminium C||43 mg||1.2 mg|
Less protein in chestnuts
It is aslo easy to see see that in chestnuts is less protein than in macadamia nuts.
There is 7.91g per 100g of macadamia nuts and 2.42g per 100g of chestnuts so using simple math we can see that difference is about 227%.
More carbohydrates in chestnuts
In chestnuts is more carbohydrates than in macadamia nuts.
There is 13.82g/100g of carbohydrates in macadamia nuts and 45.54g/100g in chestnuts so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 230%.
Less fat in chestnuts
In chestnuts is less fats than in macadamia nuts.
The tables above show us that there is 75.77g/100g of fats in macadamia nuts and 2.26g/100g in chestnuts. In this case difference is about 3253%.
- Carbohydrates45.54 g
- Fat2.26 g
- Dietary fiber8.1 g
- Protein2.42 g
100g | ounce | single piece | handfull | cup | half cup
- 86% CARBS.
- 5% PROTEIN
- 10% FAT
Vitamins: macadamia nuts vs chestnuts
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): macadamia nuts 402% more than chestnuts
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): chestnuts 4% more than macadamia nuts
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): macadamia nuts 110% more than chestnuts
- Vitaminium B5: macadamia nuts 49% more than chestnuts
- Vitaminium B6: chestnuts 37% more than macadamia nuts
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): chestnuts 464% more than macadamia nuts
- Vitaminium C: chestnuts 3483% more than macadamia nuts
Minerals: chestnuts vs macadamia nuts
- Calcium: macadamia nuts 215% more than chestnuts
- Iron: macadamia nuts 265% more than chestnuts
- Magnessium: macadamia nuts 306% more than chestnuts
- Phosphorus: macadamia nuts 102% more than chestnuts
- Potassium: chestnuts 41% more than macadamia nuts
- Sodium: macadamia nuts 67% more than chestnuts
- Zink: macadamia nuts 150% more than chestnuts
Compares of chestnuts
- Chestnuts vs Almonds
- Chestnuts vs Brazil Nuts
- Chestnuts vs Cashew Nuts
- Chestnuts vs Hazelnuts
- Chestnuts vs Macadamia Nuts
- Chestnuts vs Peanuts
- see all compares of chestnuts