Cheddar vs Ricotta Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Cheddar
At first glance, you can see that in cheddar is much more calories than in ricotta cheese.
Cheddar has 410 kcal per 100g and ricotta cheese 156 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 163%.
In cheddar and in ricotta cheese most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare cheddar with ricotta cheese in details.
Fact 2: Cheddar And Ricotta cheese Nutrition Difference
Ricotta cheese vs Cheddar: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Cheddar||Ricotta cheese|
|Carbohydrates||2.13 g||4.09 g|
|Fat||33.82 g||10.44 g|
|Protein||24.25 g||11.32 g|
|Water||36.15 g||73.06 g|
|Calcium||711 mg||240 mg|
|Iron||0.16 mg||0.41 mg|
|Magnessium||27 mg||13 mg|
|Potassium||76 mg||115 mg|
|Sodium||644 mg||92 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.027 mg||0.017 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.434 mg||0.19 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.039 mg||0.091 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.075 mg||0.032 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.027 mg||0.012 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.78 mg||0.09 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.001 mg|
More protein in cheddar
It is aslo easy to see see that in cheddar is more protein than in ricotta cheese.
There is 11.32g per 100g of ricotta cheese and 24.25g per 100g of cheddar so using simple math we can see that difference is about 114%.
Less carbohydrates in cheddar
In cheddar is less carbohydrates than in ricotta cheese.
There is 4.09g/100g of carbohydrates in ricotta cheese and 2.13g/100g in cheddar so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 92%.
More fat in cheddar
In cheddar is more fats than in ricotta cheese.
The tables above show us that there is 10.44g/100g of fats in ricotta cheese and 33.82g/100g in cheddar. In this case difference is about 224%.
- Carbohydrates2.13 g
- Fat33.82 g
- Protein24.25 g
- Water36.15 g
100g | ounce | handfull | slice | cup | shredded
- 2% CARBS.
- 24% PROTEIN
- 74% FAT
Vitamins: ricotta cheese vs cheddar
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): cheddar 59% more than ricotta cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): cheddar 128% more than ricotta cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): ricotta cheese 133% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium B6: cheddar 134% more than ricotta cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cheddar 125% more than ricotta cheese
- Vitaminium E: cheddar 767% more than ricotta cheese
- Vitaminium K: cheddar 100% more than ricotta cheese
Minerals: cheddar vs ricotta cheese
Compares of cheddar
- Cheddar vs Blue Cheese
- Cheddar vs Brie
- Cheddar vs Camembert
- Cheddar vs White Cheese
- Cheddar vs Cottage Cheese
- Cheddar vs Edam Cheese
- see all compares of cheddar
Compares of ricotta cheese
- Calories from Cheddar
- Calories of Turkey salami
- Calories in Coconut shrims
- Oyster calories per 100g
- Actimel carbs per 100g
- Beignet protein per 100g
- Bolillo roll fat per 100g
- How many calories does hush puppy have?
- Calories in a half of blue cheese dressing
- Calories in whole blue cheese dressing
- Calories for one, two or more blue cheese dressing
- Calories in tablespoon of blue cheese dressing
- Calories in teaspoon of blue cheese dressing
- How much protein in York Peppermint Pattie?
- Cheddar vs Queso Fresco Cheese nutrition
- Cheddar vs Sharp Cheddar Cheese calories
- Coconut Milk vs Skimmed Milk protein
- Mozzarella vs American Cheese sugar
- Mozzarella vs Provolone Cheese vitamins
- Mozzarella vs Paneer Cheese dietary fiber
- Mozzarella vs Ricotta Cheese vitaminium C
- Mozzarella vs Queso Fresco Cheese magnessium
- Mozzarella vs Sharp Cheddar Cheese potassium