Cassava vs Yam: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Cassava vs yam - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in cassava is more calories than in yam.
Cassava has 160 kcal per 100g and yam 108 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 48 %.
In cassava and in yam most calories came from carbs.
cassava or yam - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: cassava - 48% more than yam
- Carbohydrates: cassava - 37% more than yam
- Fat: cassava - 65% more than yam
- Dietary fiber: yam - 128% more than cassava
- Protein: yam - 13% more than cassava
Cassava vs yam nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|Carbohydrates||38.06 g||27.88 g|
|Fat||0.28 g||0.17 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.8 g||4.1 g|
|Protein||1.36 g||1.53 g|
|Calcium||16 mg||17 mg|
|Iron||0.27 mg||0.54 mg|
|Magnessium||21 mg||21 mg|
|Phosphorus||27 mg||55 mg|
|Potassium||271 mg||816 mg|
|Sodium||14 mg||9 mg|
|Zink||0.34 mg||0.24 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.087 mg||0.112 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.048 mg||0.032 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.854 mg||0.552 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.088 mg||0.293 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||27 mg||23 mg|
|Vitaminium C||20.6 mg||17.1 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.19 mg||0.35 mg|
|Vitaminium K||1.9 mg||2.3 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in cassava is less protein than in yam.
There is 1.53g per 100g of yam and 1.36g per 100g of cassava so using simple math we can see that difference is about 13 %.
In cassava is more carbohydrates than in yam.
There is 27.88g/100g of carbohydrates in yam and 38.06g/100g in cassava so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 37 %.
In cassava is more fats than in yam.
The tables above show us that there is 0.17g/100g of fats in yam and 0.28g/100g in cassava. In this case difference is about 65 %.
See tables below to compare cassava with yam in details.
- Carbohydrates38.06 g
- Fat0.28 g
- Dietary fiber1.8 g
- Protein1.36 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 95% CARBS.
- 3% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
Vitamins: yam vs cassava
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): yam 29% more than cassava
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): cassava 50% more than yam
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): cassava 55% more than yam
- Vitaminium B6: yam 233% more than cassava
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cassava 17% more than yam
- Vitaminium C: cassava 20% more than yam
- Vitaminium E: yam 84% more than cassava
- Vitaminium K: yam 21% more than cassava
Minerals: cassava vs yam
Compares of cassava
- Cassava vs Beetroot
- Cassava vs Butternut Squash
- Cassava vs Carrot
- Cassava vs Cauliflower
- Cassava vs Kale
- Cassava vs Lotus Root
- see all compares of cassava
Compares of yam
- Calories from Cassava
- Calories of Cauliflower
- Calories in Fodder cabbage
- Cucumber calories per 100g
- Eggplant carbs per 100g
- Endive protein per 100g
- Fava beans fat per 100g
- How many calories does fennel have?
- Calories in a half of kohlrabi
- Calories in whole kohlrabi
- Calories for one, two or more kohlrabi
- How much protein in leek?