Cassava vs Yam: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Cassava vs yam - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in cassava is more calories than in yam.
Cassava has 160 kcal per 100g and yam 108 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 33 %.
In cassava and in yam most calories came from carbs.
cassava or yam - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: cassava - 33% more than yam.
- Carbohydrates: cassava - 27% more than yam.
- Fat: cassava - 39% more than yam.
- Dietary fiber: yam - 128% more than cassava.
- Protein: yam - 13% more than cassava.
Cassava vs yam: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|Carbohydrates||38.06 g||27.88 g|
|Fat||0.28 g||0.17 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.8 g||4.1 g|
|Protein||1.36 g||1.53 g|
|Calcium||16 mg||17 mg|
|Iron||0.27 mg||0.54 mg|
|Magnessium||21 mg||21 mg|
|Phosphorus||27 mg||55 mg|
|Potassium||271 mg||816 mg|
|Sodium||14 mg||9 mg|
|Zink||0.34 mg||0.24 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.087 mg||0.112 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.048 mg||0.032 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.854 mg||0.552 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.088 mg||0.293 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||27 mg||23 mg|
|Vitaminium C||20.6 mg||17.1 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.19 mg||0.35 mg|
|Vitaminium K||1.9 mg||2.3 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in cassava is less protein than in yam.
There is 1.53g per 100g of yam and 1.36g per 100g of cassava so using simple math we can see that difference is about 13 %.
Where is more carbs?
In cassava is more carbohydrates than in yam.
There is 27.88g/100g of carbohydrates in yam and 38.06g/100g in cassava so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 27 %.
Where is more fats?
In cassava is more fats than in yam.
Tables below show us that there is 0.17g/100g of fats in yam and 0.28g/100g in cassava. In this case difference is about 39 %.
See tables below to compare cassava with yam in details.
- Carbohydrates38.06 g
- Fat0.28 g
- Dietary fiber1.8 g
- Protein1.36 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 95% CARBS.
- 3% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
cassava or yam - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): yam - 29% more than cassava.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): cassava - 33% more than yam.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): cassava - 35% more than yam.
- Vitaminium B6: yam - 233% more than cassava.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cassava - 15% more than yam.
- Vitaminium C: cassava - 17% more than yam.
- Vitaminium E: yam - 84% more than cassava.
- Vitaminium K: yam - 21% more than cassava.
cassava or yam - where is more minerals?
Compares of cassava
- Asparagus vs Cassava
- Beetroot vs Cassava
- Bitter Melon vs Cassava
- Broccoli vs Cassava
- Rapini vs Cassava
- Brussels Sprouts vs Cassava
Compares of yam
- Calories from Cassava
- Calories of Cauliflower
- Calories in Fodder cabbage
- Cucumber calories per 100g
- Eggplant carbs per 100g
- Endive protein per 100g
- Fava beans fat per 100g
- How many calories does fennel have?
- Calories in a half of kohlrabi
- Calories in whole kohlrabi
- Calories for one, two or more kohlrabi
- How much protein in leek?