Cassava vs Sweet Potato: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Cassava vs sweet potato - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in cassava is much more calories than in sweet potato.
Cassava has 160 kcal per 100g and sweet potato 86 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 86 %.
In cassava and in sweet potato most calories came from carbs.
cassava or sweet potato - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: cassava - 86% more than sweet potato
- Carbohydrates: cassava - 89% more than sweet potato
- Fat: cassava - 460% more than sweet potato
- Dietary fiber: sweet potato - 67% more than cassava
- Protein: sweet potato - 18% more than cassava
Cassava vs sweet potato nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|per 100g||Cassava||Sweet potato|
|Carbohydrates||38.06 g||20.12 g|
|Fat||0.28 g||0.05 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.8 g||3 g|
|Protein||1.36 g||1.6 g|
|Calcium||16 mg||30 mg|
|Iron||0.27 mg||0.61 mg|
|Magnessium||21 mg||25 mg|
|Phosphorus||27 mg||47 mg|
|Potassium||271 mg||337 mg|
|Sodium||14 mg||55 mg|
|Zink||0.34 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.087 mg||0.078 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.048 mg||0.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.854 mg||0.557 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.088 mg||0.209 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||27 mg||11 mg|
|Vitaminium C||20.6 mg||2.4 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.19 mg||0.26 mg|
|Vitaminium K||1.9 mg||1.8 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in cassava is less protein than in sweet potato.
There is 1.6g per 100g of sweet potato and 1.36g per 100g of cassava so using simple math we can see that difference is about 18 %.
In cassava is more carbohydrates than in sweet potato.
There is 20.12g/100g of carbohydrates in sweet potato and 38.06g/100g in cassava so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 89 %.
In cassava is more fats than in sweet potato.
The tables above show us that there is 0.05g/100g of fats in sweet potato and 0.28g/100g in cassava. In this case difference is about 460 %.
See tables below to compare cassava with sweet potato in details.
- Carbohydrates38.06 g
- Fat0.28 g
- Dietary fiber1.8 g
- Protein1.36 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 95% CARBS.
- 3% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
Vitamins: sweet potato vs cassava
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): cassava 12% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sweet potato 27% more than cassava
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): cassava 53% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B6: sweet potato 138% more than cassava
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cassava 145% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium C: cassava 758% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium E: sweet potato 37% more than cassava
- Vitaminium K: cassava 6% more than sweet potato
Minerals: cassava vs sweet potato
- Calcium: sweet potato 88% more than cassava
- Iron: sweet potato 126% more than cassava
- Magnessium: sweet potato 19% more than cassava
- Phosphorus: sweet potato 74% more than cassava
- Potassium: sweet potato 24% more than cassava
- Sodium: sweet potato 293% more than cassava
- Zink: cassava 13% more than sweet potato
Compares of cassava
- Cassava vs Beetroot
- Cassava vs Butternut Squash
- Cassava vs Carrot
- Cassava vs Cauliflower
- Cassava vs Kale
- Cassava vs Lotus Root
- see all compares of cassava
Compares of sweet potato
- Calories from Cassava
- Calories of Cauliflower
- Calories in Fodder cabbage
- Cucumber calories per 100g
- Eggplant carbs per 100g
- Endive protein per 100g
- Fava beans fat per 100g
- How many calories does fennel have?
- Calories in a half of kohlrabi
- Calories in whole kohlrabi
- Calories for one, two or more kohlrabi
- How much protein in leek?