Cassava vs Sweet Potato: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Cassava vs sweet potato - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in cassava is more calories than in sweet potato.
Cassava has 160 kcal per 100g and sweet potato 86 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 46 %.
In cassava and in sweet potato most calories came from carbs.
cassava or sweet potato - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: cassava - 46% more than sweet potato.
- Carbohydrates: cassava - 47% more than sweet potato.
- Fat: cassava - 82% more than sweet potato.
- Dietary fiber: sweet potato - 67% more than cassava.
- Protein: sweet potato - 18% more than cassava.
Cassava vs sweet potato: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|per 100g||Cassava||Sweet potato|
|Carbohydrates||38.06 g||20.12 g|
|Fat||0.28 g||0.05 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.8 g||3 g|
|Protein||1.36 g||1.6 g|
|Calcium||16 mg||30 mg|
|Iron||0.27 mg||0.61 mg|
|Magnessium||21 mg||25 mg|
|Phosphorus||27 mg||47 mg|
|Potassium||271 mg||337 mg|
|Sodium||14 mg||55 mg|
|Zink||0.34 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.087 mg||0.078 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.048 mg||0.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.854 mg||0.557 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.088 mg||0.209 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||27 mg||11 mg|
|Vitaminium C||20.6 mg||2.4 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.19 mg||0.26 mg|
|Vitaminium K||1.9 mg||1.8 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in cassava is less protein than in sweet potato.
There is 1.6g per 100g of sweet potato and 1.36g per 100g of cassava so using simple math we can see that difference is about 18 %.
Where is more carbs?
In cassava is more carbohydrates than in sweet potato.
There is 20.12g/100g of carbohydrates in sweet potato and 38.06g/100g in cassava so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 47 %.
Where is more fats?
In cassava is more fats than in sweet potato.
Tables below show us that there is 0.05g/100g of fats in sweet potato and 0.28g/100g in cassava. In this case difference is about 82 %.
See tables below to compare cassava with sweet potato in details.
- Carbohydrates38.06 g
- Fat0.28 g
- Dietary fiber1.8 g
- Protein1.36 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 95% CARBS.
- 3% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
cassava or sweet potato - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): cassava - 10% more than sweet potato.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sweet potato - 27% more than cassava.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): cassava - 35% more than sweet potato.
- Vitaminium B6: sweet potato - 138% more than cassava.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cassava - 59% more than sweet potato.
- Vitaminium C: cassava - 88% more than sweet potato.
- Vitaminium E: sweet potato - 37% more than cassava.
- Vitaminium K: cassava - 5% more than sweet potato.
cassava or sweet potato - where is more minerals?
- Calcium: sweet potato - 88% more than cassava.
- Iron: sweet potato - 126% more than cassava.
- Magnessium: sweet potato - 19% more than cassava.
- Phosphorus: sweet potato - 74% more than cassava.
- Potassium: sweet potato - 24% more than cassava.
- Sodium: sweet potato - 293% more than cassava.
- Zink: cassava - 12% more than sweet potato.
Compares of cassava
- Asparagus vs Cassava
- Beetroot vs Cassava
- Bitter Melon vs Cassava
- Broccoli vs Cassava
- Rapini vs Cassava
- Brussels Sprouts vs Cassava
Compares of sweet potato
- Calories from Cassava
- Calories of Cauliflower
- Calories in Fodder cabbage
- Cucumber calories per 100g
- Eggplant carbs per 100g
- Endive protein per 100g
- Fava beans fat per 100g
- How many calories does fennel have?
- Calories in a half of kohlrabi
- Calories in whole kohlrabi
- Calories for one, two or more kohlrabi
- How much protein in leek?