Cassava vs Kale: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Cassava
At first glance, you can see that in cassava is much less calories than in kale.
Cassava has 160 kcal per 100g and kale 49 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 227 %.
In cassava and in kale most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare cassava with kale in details.
Fact 2: Cassava And Kale Nutrition Difference
Kale vs Cassava: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||38.06 g||8.75 g|
|Fat||0.28 g||0.93 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.8 g||3.6 g|
|Protein||1.36 g||4.28 g|
|Calcium||16 mg||150 mg|
|Iron||0.27 mg||1.47 mg|
|Magnessium||21 mg||47 mg|
|Phosphorus||27 mg||92 mg|
|Potassium||271 mg||491 mg|
|Sodium||14 mg||38 mg|
|Zink||0.34 mg||0.56 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.087 mg||0.11 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.048 mg||0.13 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.854 mg||1 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.088 mg||0.271 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||27 mg||141 mg|
|Vitaminium C||20.6 mg||120 mg|
|Vitaminium K||1.9 mg||704.8 mg|
Less protein in cassava
It is aslo easy to see see that in cassava is less protein than in kale.
There is 4.28g per 100g of kale and 1.36g per 100g of cassava so using simple math we can see that difference is about 215 %.
More carbohydrates in cassava
In cassava is more carbohydrates than in kale.
There is 8.75g/100g of carbohydrates in kale and 38.06g/100g in cassava so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 335 %.
Less fat in cassava
In cassava is less fats than in kale.
The tables above show us that there is 0.93g/100g of fats in kale and 0.28g/100g in cassava. In this case difference is about 232 %.
- Carbohydrates38.06 g
- Fat0.28 g
- Dietary fiber1.8 g
- Protein1.36 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 95% CARBS.
- 3% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
Vitamins: kale vs cassava
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): kale 26% more than cassava
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): kale 171% more than cassava
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): kale 17% more than cassava
- Vitaminium B6: kale 208% more than cassava
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): kale 422% more than cassava
- Vitaminium C: kale 483% more than cassava
- Vitaminium K: kale 36995% more than cassava
Minerals: cassava vs kale
Compares of cassava
- Cassava vs Beetroot
- Cassava vs Butternut Squash
- Cassava vs Carrot
- Cassava vs Cauliflower
- Cassava vs Kale
- Cassava vs Lotus Root
- see all compares of cassava
Compares of kale
- Calories from Cassava
- Calories of Cauliflower
- Calories in Fodder cabbage
- Cucumber calories per 100g
- Eggplant carbs per 100g
- Endive protein per 100g
- Fava beans fat per 100g
- How many calories does fennel have?
- Calories in a half of kohlrabi
- Calories in whole kohlrabi
- Calories for one, two or more kohlrabi
- How much protein in leek?