Cashew Nuts vs Walnuts: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Cashew nuts vs walnuts - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in cashew nuts is more calories than in walnuts.
Cashew nuts has 553 kcal per 100g and walnuts 654 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 18 %.
In cashew nuts and in walnuts most calories came from fat.
cashew nuts or walnuts - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: walnuts - 18% more than cashew nuts
- Carbohydrates: cashew nuts - 120% more than walnuts
- Fat: walnuts - 49% more than cashew nuts
- Dietary fiber: walnuts - 103% more than cashew nuts
- Protein: cashew nuts - 20% more than walnuts
Cashew nuts vs walnuts nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|per 100g||Cashew nuts||Walnuts|
|Carbohydrates||30.19 g||13.71 g|
|Fat||43.85 g||65.21 g|
|Dietary fiber||3.3 g||6.7 g|
|Protein||18.22 g||15.23 g|
|Calcium||37 mg||98 mg|
|Iron||6.68 mg||2.9 mg|
|Magnessium||292 mg||158 mg|
|Phosphorus||593 mg||346 mg|
|Potassium||660 mg||441 mg|
|Sodium||12 mg||2 mg|
|Zink||5.78 mg||3.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.423 mg||0.341 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.058 mg||0.15 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.062 mg||1.125 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.864 mg||0.57 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.417 mg||0.537 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||25 mg||98 mg|
|Vitaminium C||0.5 mg||1.3 mg|
|Vitaminium E||5.31 mg||20.83 mg|
|Vitaminium K||34.1 mg||2.7 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in cashew nuts is more protein than in walnuts.
There is 15.23g per 100g of walnuts and 18.22g per 100g of cashew nuts so using simple math we can see that difference is about 20 %.
In cashew nuts is more carbohydrates than in walnuts.
There is 13.71g/100g of carbohydrates in walnuts and 30.19g/100g in cashew nuts so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 120 %.
In cashew nuts is less fats than in walnuts.
The tables above show us that there is 65.21g/100g of fats in walnuts and 43.85g/100g in cashew nuts. In this case difference is about 49 %.
See tables below to compare cashew nuts with walnuts in details.
- Carbohydrates30.19 g
- Fat43.85 g
- Dietary fiber3.3 g
- Protein18.22 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 21% CARBS.
- 12% PROTEIN
- 67% FAT
Vitamins: walnuts vs cashew nuts
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): cashew nuts 24% more than walnuts
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): walnuts 159% more than cashew nuts
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): walnuts 6% more than cashew nuts
- Vitaminium B5: cashew nuts 52% more than walnuts
- Vitaminium B6: walnuts 29% more than cashew nuts
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): walnuts 292% more than cashew nuts
- Vitaminium C: walnuts 160% more than cashew nuts
- Vitaminium E: walnuts 292% more than cashew nuts
- Vitaminium K: cashew nuts 1163% more than walnuts
Minerals: cashew nuts vs walnuts
Compares of cashew nuts
- Cashew Nuts vs Almonds
- Cashew Nuts vs Chestnuts
- Cashew Nuts vs Coconut
- Cashew Nuts vs Hazelnuts
- Cashew Nuts vs Macadamia Nuts
- Cashew Nuts vs Peanuts
- see all compares of cashew nuts
Compares of walnuts
- Calories from Cashew nuts
- Calories of Chestnuts
- Calories in Chia seeds
- Coconut calories per 100g
- Linseed carbs per 100g
- Hazelnuts protein per 100g
- Macadamia nuts fat per 100g
- How many calories do peanuts have?
- Calories in handful of Pine nuts
- Calories in tablespoon of Pine nuts
- How much protein in pistachios?