Cashew Nuts vs Pistachios: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Cashew nuts
At first glance, you can see that in cashew nuts is just a little less calories than in pistachios.
Cashew nuts has 553 kcal per 100g and pistachios 557 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 1%.
In cashew nuts and in pistachios most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare cashew nuts with pistachios in details.
Fact 2: Cashew nuts And Pistachios Nutrition Difference
Pistachios vs Cashew nuts: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Cashew nuts||Pistachios|
|Carbohydrates||30.19 g||27.97 g|
|Fat||43.85 g||44.44 g|
|Dietary fiber||3.3 g||10.3 g|
|Protein||18.22 g||20.6 g|
|Calcium||37 mg||107 mg|
|Iron||6.68 mg||4.15 mg|
|Magnessium||292 mg||121 mg|
|Phosphorus||593 mg||376 mg|
|Potassium||660 mg||1025 mg|
|Sodium||12 mg||1 mg|
|Zink||5.78 mg||2.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.423 mg||0.87 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.058 mg||0.16 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.062 mg||1.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.864 mg||0.52 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.417 mg||1.7 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||25 mg||51 mg|
|Vitaminium C||0.5 mg||5 mg|
|Vitaminium E||5.31 mg||22.6 mg|
Less protein in cashew nuts
It is aslo easy to see see that in cashew nuts is less protein than in pistachios.
There is 20.6g per 100g of pistachios and 18.22g per 100g of cashew nuts so using simple math we can see that difference is about 13%.
More carbohydrates in cashew nuts
In cashew nuts is more carbohydrates than in pistachios.
There is 27.97g/100g of carbohydrates in pistachios and 30.19g/100g in cashew nuts so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 8%.
Less fat in cashew nuts
In cashew nuts is less fats than in pistachios.
The tables above show us that there is 44.44g/100g of fats in pistachios and 43.85g/100g in cashew nuts. In this case difference is about 1%.
- Carbohydrates30.19 g
- Fat43.85 g
- Dietary fiber3.3 g
- Protein18.22 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 21% CARBS.
- 12% PROTEIN
- 67% FAT
Vitamins: pistachios vs cashew nuts
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): pistachios 106% more than cashew nuts
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): pistachios 176% more than cashew nuts
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): pistachios 22% more than cashew nuts
- Vitaminium B5: cashew nuts 66% more than pistachios
- Vitaminium B6: pistachios 308% more than cashew nuts
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): pistachios 104% more than cashew nuts
- Vitaminium C: pistachios 900% more than cashew nuts
- Vitaminium E: pistachios 326% more than cashew nuts
Minerals: cashew nuts vs pistachios
- Calcium: pistachios 189% more than cashew nuts
- Iron: cashew nuts 61% more than pistachios
- Magnessium: cashew nuts 141% more than pistachios
- Phosphorus: cashew nuts 58% more than pistachios
- Potassium: pistachios 55% more than cashew nuts
- Sodium: cashew nuts 1100% more than pistachios
- Zink: cashew nuts 163% more than pistachios
Compares of cashew nuts
- Cashew Nuts vs Almonds
- Cashew Nuts vs Chestnuts
- Cashew Nuts vs Coconut
- Cashew Nuts vs Hazelnuts
- Cashew Nuts vs Macadamia Nuts
- Cashew Nuts vs Peanuts
- see all compares of cashew nuts
Compares of pistachios
- Calories from Cashew nuts
- Calories of Chestnuts
- Calories in Chia seeds
- Coconut calories per 100g
- Linseed carbs per 100g
- Hazelnuts protein per 100g
- Macadamia nuts fat per 100g
- How many calories do peanuts have?
- Calories in handful of Pine nuts
- Calories in tablespoon of Pine nuts
- How much protein in pistachios?