Cashew Nuts vs Chestnuts: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Cashew nuts
At first glance, you can see that in cashew nuts is much more calories than in chestnuts.
Cashew nuts has 553 kcal per 100g and chestnuts 213 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 160%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in cashew nuts cames from fat and in chestnuts from carbs.
See tables below to compare cashew nuts with chestnuts in details.
Fact 2: Cashew nuts And Chestnuts Nutrition Difference
Chestnuts vs Cashew nuts: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Cashew nuts||Chestnuts|
|Carbohydrates||30.19 g||45.54 g|
|Fat||43.85 g||2.26 g|
|Dietary fiber||3.3 g||8.1 g|
|Protein||18.22 g||2.42 g|
|Calcium||37 mg||27 mg|
|Iron||6.68 mg||1.01 mg|
|Magnessium||292 mg||32 mg|
|Phosphorus||593 mg||93 mg|
|Potassium||660 mg||518 mg|
|Sodium||12 mg||3 mg|
|Zink||5.78 mg||0.52 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.423 mg||0.238 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.058 mg||0.168 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.062 mg||1.179 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.864 mg||0.509 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.417 mg||0.376 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||25 mg||62 mg|
|Vitaminium C||0.5 mg||43 mg|
More protein in cashew nuts
It is aslo easy to see see that in cashew nuts is more protein than in chestnuts.
There is 2.42g per 100g of chestnuts and 18.22g per 100g of cashew nuts so using simple math we can see that difference is about 653%.
Less carbohydrates in cashew nuts
In cashew nuts is less carbohydrates than in chestnuts.
There is 45.54g/100g of carbohydrates in chestnuts and 30.19g/100g in cashew nuts so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 51%.
More fat in cashew nuts
In cashew nuts is more fats than in chestnuts.
The tables above show us that there is 2.26g/100g of fats in chestnuts and 43.85g/100g in cashew nuts. In this case difference is about 1840%.
- Carbohydrates30.19 g
- Fat43.85 g
- Dietary fiber3.3 g
- Protein18.22 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 21% CARBS.
- 12% PROTEIN
- 67% FAT
Vitamins: chestnuts vs cashew nuts
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): cashew nuts 78% more than chestnuts
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): chestnuts 190% more than cashew nuts
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chestnuts 11% more than cashew nuts
- Vitaminium B5: cashew nuts 70% more than chestnuts
- Vitaminium B6: cashew nuts 11% more than chestnuts
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): chestnuts 148% more than cashew nuts
- Vitaminium C: chestnuts 8500% more than cashew nuts
Minerals: cashew nuts vs chestnuts
- Calcium: cashew nuts 37% more than chestnuts
- Iron: cashew nuts 561% more than chestnuts
- Magnessium: cashew nuts 813% more than chestnuts
- Phosphorus: cashew nuts 538% more than chestnuts
- Potassium: cashew nuts 27% more than chestnuts
- Sodium: cashew nuts 300% more than chestnuts
- Zink: cashew nuts 1012% more than chestnuts
Compares of cashew nuts
- Cashew Nuts vs Almonds
- Cashew Nuts vs Chestnuts
- Cashew Nuts vs Coconut
- Cashew Nuts vs Hazelnuts
- Cashew Nuts vs Macadamia Nuts
- Cashew Nuts vs Peanuts
- see all compares of cashew nuts
Compares of chestnuts
- Calories from Cashew nuts
- Calories of Chestnuts
- Calories in Chia seeds
- Coconut calories per 100g
- Linseed carbs per 100g
- Hazelnuts protein per 100g
- Macadamia nuts fat per 100g
- How many calories do peanuts have?
- Calories in handful of Pine nuts
- Calories in tablespoon of Pine nuts
- How much protein in pistachios?
- Cashew Nuts vs Coconut nutrition
- Cashew Nuts vs Hazelnuts calories
- Cashew Nuts vs Macadamia Nuts protein
- Cashew Nuts vs Peanuts sugar
- Cashew Nuts vs Pecan vitamins
- Cashew Nuts vs Pine Nuts dietary fiber
- Cashew Nuts vs Pistachios vitaminium C
- Cashew Nuts vs Walnuts magnessium
- Chestnuts vs Hazelnuts potassium