Carrot vs Potato: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Carrot vs potato - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in carrot is much less calories than in potato.
Carrot has 41 kcal per 100g and potato 77 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 88 %.
In carrot and in potato most calories came from carbs.
carrot or potato - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: potato - 88% more than carrot.
- Carbohydrates: potato - 83% more than carrot.
- Fat: carrot - 58% more than potato.
- Dietary fiber: carrot - 25% more than potato.
- Protein: potato - 120% more than carrot.
Carrot vs potato: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|Carbohydrates||9.58 g||17.49 g|
|Fat||0.24 g||0.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.8 g||2.1 g|
|Protein||0.93 g||2.05 g|
|Calcium||33 mg||12 mg|
|Iron||0.3 mg||0.81 mg|
|Magnessium||12 mg||23 mg|
|Phosphorus||35 mg||57 mg|
|Potassium||320 mg||425 mg|
|Sodium||69 mg||6 mg|
|Zink||0.24 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.066 mg||0.081 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.058 mg||0.032 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.983 mg||1.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.273 mg||0.279 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.138 mg||0.298 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||19 mg||15 mg|
|Vitaminium C||5.9 mg||19.7 mg|
|Vitaminium K||13.2 mg||2 mg|
|Beta karoten||8285 mg||4 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in carrot is less protein than in potato.
There is 2.05g per 100g of potato and 0.93g per 100g of carrot so using simple math we can see that difference is about 120 %.
Where is more carbs?
In carrot is less carbohydrates than in potato.
There is 17.49g/100g of carbohydrates in potato and 9.58g/100g in carrot so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 83 %.
Where is more fats?
In carrot is more fats than in potato.
Tables below show us that there is 0.1g/100g of fats in potato and 0.24g/100g in carrot. In this case difference is about 58 %.
See tables below to compare carrot with potato in details.
- Carbohydrates9.58 g
- Fat0.24 g
- Dietary fiber2.8 g
- Protein0.93 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cub | sliced
- 87% CARBS.
- 8% PROTEIN
- 5% FAT
carrot or potato - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): potato - 23% more than carrot.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): carrot - 45% more than potato.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): potato - 8% more than carrot.
- Vitaminium B5: potato - 2% more than carrot.
- Vitaminium B6: potato - 116% more than carrot.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): carrot - 21% more than potato.
- Vitaminium C: potato - 234% more than carrot.
- Vitaminium K: carrot - 85% more than potato.
- Beta karoten: carrot - 100% more than potato.
carrot or potato - where is more minerals?
Compares of carrot
- Artichoke vs Carrot
- Arugula vs Carrot
- Asparagus vs Carrot
- Bamboo Shoots vs Carrot
- Basella vs Carrot
- Beetroot vs Carrot