Carrot vs Parsnips: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Carrot vs parsnips - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in carrot is much more calories than in parsnips.
Carrot has 41 kcal per 100g and parsnips 75 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 83 %.
In carrot and in parsnips most calories came from carbs.
carrot or parsnips - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: parsnips - 83% more than carrot
- Carbohydrates: parsnips - 88% more than carrot
- Fat: parsnips - 25% more than carrot
- Dietary fiber: parsnips - 75% more than carrot
- Protein: parsnips - 29% more than carrot
Carrot vs parsnips nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|Carbohydrates||9.58 g||17.99 g|
|Fat||0.24 g||0.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.8 g||4.9 g|
|Protein||0.93 g||1.2 g|
|Calcium||33 mg||36 mg|
|Iron||0.3 mg||0.59 mg|
|Magnessium||12 mg||29 mg|
|Phosphorus||35 mg||71 mg|
|Potassium||320 mg||375 mg|
|Sodium||69 mg||10 mg|
|Zink||0.24 mg||0.59 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.066 mg||0.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.058 mg||0.05 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.983 mg||0.7 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.273 mg||0.6 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.138 mg||0.9 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||19 mg||67 mg|
|Vitaminium C||5.9 mg||17 mg|
|Vitaminium K||13.2 mg||22.5 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in carrot is less protein than in parsnips.
There is 1.2g per 100g of parsnips and 0.93g per 100g of carrot so using simple math we can see that difference is about 29 %.
In carrot is less carbohydrates than in parsnips.
There is 17.99g/100g of carbohydrates in parsnips and 9.58g/100g in carrot so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 88 %.
In carrot is less fats than in parsnips.
The tables above show us that there is 0.3g/100g of fats in parsnips and 0.24g/100g in carrot. In this case difference is about 25 %.
See tables below to compare carrot with parsnips in details.
- Carbohydrates9.58 g
- Fat0.24 g
- Dietary fiber2.8 g
- Protein0.93 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cub | sliced
- 87% CARBS.
- 8% PROTEIN
- 5% FAT
Vitamins: parsnips vs carrot
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): parsnips 36% more than carrot
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): carrot 16% more than parsnips
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): carrot 40% more than parsnips
- Vitaminium B5: parsnips 120% more than carrot
- Vitaminium B6: parsnips 552% more than carrot
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): parsnips 253% more than carrot
- Vitaminium C: parsnips 188% more than carrot
- Vitaminium K: parsnips 70% more than carrot
Minerals: carrot vs parsnips
Compares of carrot
- Carrot vs Asparagus
- Carrot vs Beetroot
- Carrot vs Pepper
- Carrot vs Bitter Melon
- Carrot vs Broccoli
- Carrot vs Brussels Sprouts
- see all compares of carrot