Carrot vs Parsnips: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Carrot vs parsnips - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in carrot is much less calories than in parsnips.
Carrot has 41 kcal per 100g and parsnips 75 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 83 %.
In carrot and in parsnips most calories came from carbs.
carrot or parsnips - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: parsnips - 83% more than carrot.
- Carbohydrates: parsnips - 88% more than carrot.
- Fat: parsnips - 25% more than carrot.
- Dietary fiber: parsnips - 75% more than carrot.
- Protein: parsnips - 29% more than carrot.
Carrot vs parsnips: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|Carbohydrates||9.58 g||17.99 g|
|Fat||0.24 g||0.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.8 g||4.9 g|
|Protein||0.93 g||1.2 g|
|Calcium||33 mg||36 mg|
|Iron||0.3 mg||0.59 mg|
|Magnessium||12 mg||29 mg|
|Phosphorus||35 mg||71 mg|
|Potassium||320 mg||375 mg|
|Sodium||69 mg||10 mg|
|Zink||0.24 mg||0.59 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.066 mg||0.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.058 mg||0.05 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.983 mg||0.7 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.273 mg||0.6 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.138 mg||0.9 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||19 mg||67 mg|
|Vitaminium C||5.9 mg||17 mg|
|Vitaminium K||13.2 mg||22.5 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in carrot is less protein than in parsnips.
There is 1.2g per 100g of parsnips and 0.93g per 100g of carrot so using simple math we can see that difference is about 29 %.
Where is more carbs?
In carrot is less carbohydrates than in parsnips.
There is 17.99g/100g of carbohydrates in parsnips and 9.58g/100g in carrot so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 88 %.
Where is more fats?
In carrot is less fats than in parsnips.
Tables below show us that there is 0.3g/100g of fats in parsnips and 0.24g/100g in carrot. In this case difference is about 25 %.
See tables below to compare carrot with parsnips in details.
- Carbohydrates9.58 g
- Fat0.24 g
- Dietary fiber2.8 g
- Protein0.93 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cub | sliced
- 87% CARBS.
- 8% PROTEIN
- 5% FAT
carrot or parsnips - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): parsnips - 36% more than carrot.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): carrot - 14% more than parsnips.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): carrot - 29% more than parsnips.
- Vitaminium B5: parsnips - 120% more than carrot.
- Vitaminium B6: parsnips - 552% more than carrot.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): parsnips - 253% more than carrot.
- Vitaminium C: parsnips - 188% more than carrot.
- Vitaminium K: parsnips - 70% more than carrot.
carrot or parsnips - where is more minerals?
Compares of carrot
- Artichoke vs Carrot
- Arugula vs Carrot
- Asparagus vs Carrot
- Bamboo Shoots vs Carrot
- Basella vs Carrot
- Beetroot vs Carrot