Cantaloupe vs Pineapple: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Cantaloupe
At first glance, you can see that in cantaloupe is less calories than in pineapple.
Cantaloupe has 34 kcal per 100g and pineapple 50 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 47%.
In cantaloupe and in pineapple most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare cantaloupe with pineapple in details.
Fact 2: Cantaloupe And Pineapple Nutrition Difference
Pineapple vs Cantaloupe: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||8.16 g||13.52 g|
|Fat||0.19 g||0.12 g|
|Dietary fiber||0.9 g||1.4 g|
|Protein||0.84 g||0.54 g|
|Calcium||9 mg||13 mg|
|Iron||0.21 mg||0.29 mg|
|Magnessium||12 mg||12 mg|
|Potassium||267 mg||109 mg|
|Sodium||16 mg||1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.041 mg||0.079 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.019 mg||0.018 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.734 mg||0.5 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.072 mg||0.112 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.021 mg||18 mg|
|Vitaminium C||36.7 mg||47.8 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.05 mg||0.02 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.003 mg||0.07 mg|
More protein in cantaloupe
It is aslo easy to see see that in cantaloupe is more protein than in pineapple.
There is 0.54g per 100g of pineapple and 0.84g per 100g of cantaloupe so using simple math we can see that difference is about 56%.
Less carbohydrates in cantaloupe
In cantaloupe is less carbohydrates than in pineapple.
There is 13.52g/100g of carbohydrates in pineapple and 8.16g/100g in cantaloupe so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 66%.
More fat in cantaloupe
In cantaloupe is more fats than in pineapple.
The tables above show us that there is 0.12g/100g of fats in pineapple and 0.19g/100g in cantaloupe. In this case difference is about 58%.
- Carbohydrates8.16 g
- Fat0.19 g
- Dietary fiber0.9 g
- Protein0.84 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup | half of the melon
- 87% CARBS.
- 9% PROTEIN
- 5% FAT
Vitamins: pineapple vs cantaloupe
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): pineapple 93% more than cantaloupe
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): cantaloupe 6% more than pineapple
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): cantaloupe 47% more than pineapple
- Vitaminium B6: pineapple 56% more than cantaloupe
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): pineapple 85614% more than cantaloupe
- Vitaminium C: pineapple 30% more than cantaloupe
- Vitaminium E: cantaloupe 150% more than pineapple
- Vitaminium K: pineapple 2233% more than cantaloupe
Minerals: cantaloupe vs pineapple
Compares of cantaloupe
- Cantaloupe vs Honeydew Melon
- Cantaloupe vs Melon
- Cantaloupe vs Watermelon
- Cantaloupe vs Banana
- Cantaloupe vs Pineapple
- Cantaloupe vs Pumpkin
- see all compares of cantaloupe
Compares of pineapple
- see all compares of pineapple
- Calories from Cantaloupe
- Calories of Fried green tomatoes
- Calories in Grilled mahi mahi
- Boiled beets calories per 100g
- Frozen garlic bread carbs per 100g
- Instant soup protein per 100g
- Pumpkin pudding fat per 100g
- How many calories does corn tortilla have?
- Calories in a half of donut
- Calories in whole donut
- Calories for one, two or more doughnuts
- How much protein in falafel?