Cantaloupe vs Papaya: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Cantaloupe
At first glance, you can see that in cantaloupe is less calories than in papaya.
Cantaloupe has 34 kcal per 100g and papaya 43 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 26%.
In cantaloupe and in papaya most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare cantaloupe with papaya in details.
Fact 2: Cantaloupe And Papaya Nutrition Difference
Papaya vs Cantaloupe: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||8.16 g||8 g|
|Fat||0.19 g||0.26 g|
|Dietary fiber||0.9 g||1.7 g|
|Protein||0.84 g||0.47 g|
|Calcium||9 mg||20 mg|
|Iron||0.21 mg||0.25 mg|
|Magnessium||12 mg||21 mg|
|Potassium||267 mg||182 mg|
|Sodium||16 mg||8 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.041 mg||0.023 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.019 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.734 mg||0.338 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.072 mg||0.038 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.021 mg||37 mg|
|Vitaminium C||36.7 mg||60.9 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.05 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.003 mg||2.6 mg|
More protein in cantaloupe
It is aslo easy to see see that in cantaloupe is more protein than in papaya.
There is 0.47g per 100g of papaya and 0.84g per 100g of cantaloupe so using simple math we can see that difference is about 79%.
More carbohydrates in cantaloupe
In cantaloupe is more carbohydrates than in papaya.
There is 8g/100g of carbohydrates in papaya and 8.16g/100g in cantaloupe so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 2%.
Less fat in cantaloupe
In cantaloupe is less fats than in papaya.
The tables above show us that there is 0.26g/100g of fats in papaya and 0.19g/100g in cantaloupe. In this case difference is about 37%.
- Carbohydrates8.16 g
- Fat0.19 g
- Dietary fiber0.9 g
- Protein0.84 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup | half of the melon
- 87% CARBS.
- 9% PROTEIN
- 5% FAT
Vitamins: papaya vs cantaloupe
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): cantaloupe 78% more than papaya
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): papaya 42% more than cantaloupe
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): cantaloupe 117% more than papaya
- Vitaminium B6: cantaloupe 89% more than papaya
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): papaya 176090% more than cantaloupe
- Vitaminium C: papaya 66% more than cantaloupe
- Vitaminium E: papaya 500% more than cantaloupe
- Vitaminium K: papaya 86567% more than cantaloupe
Minerals: cantaloupe vs papaya
Compares of cantaloupe
- Cantaloupe vs Honeydew Melon
- Cantaloupe vs Melon
- Cantaloupe vs Watermelon
- Cantaloupe vs Banana
- Cantaloupe vs Pineapple
- Cantaloupe vs Pumpkin
- see all compares of cantaloupe
Compares of papaya
- Calories from Cantaloupe
- Calories of Fried green tomatoes
- Calories in Grilled mahi mahi
- Boiled beets calories per 100g
- Frozen garlic bread carbs per 100g
- Instant soup protein per 100g
- Pumpkin pudding fat per 100g
- How many calories does corn tortilla have?
- Calories in a half of donut
- Calories in whole donut
- Calories for one, two or more doughnuts
- How much protein in hummus?