Cabbage vs Green Pepper: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Cabbage
At first glance, you can see that in cabbage is more calories than in green pepper.
Cabbage has 25 kcal per 100g and green pepper 18 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 39 %.
In cabbage and in green pepper most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare cabbage with green pepper in details.
Fact 2: Cabbage And Green pepper Nutrition Difference
Green pepper vs Cabbage: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Cabbage||Green pepper|
|Carbohydrates||5.8 g||4.6 g|
|Fat||0.1 g||0.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.5 g||2 g|
|Protein||1.3 g||1.1 g|
|Calcium||40 mg||12 mg|
|Iron||0.47 mg||0.5 mg|
|Magnessium||12 mg||9 mg|
|Phosphorus||26 mg||23 mg|
|Potassium||170 mg||176 mg|
|Sodium||18 mg||2 mg|
|Zink||0.18 mg||0.24 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.061 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.04 mg||0.03 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.234 mg||0.6 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.124 mg||0.27 mg|
|Vitaminium C||36.6 mg||91 mg|
|Beta karoten||42 mg||193 mg|
More protein in cabbage
It is aslo easy to see see that in cabbage is more protein than in green pepper.
There is 1.1g per 100g of green pepper and 1.3g per 100g of cabbage so using simple math we can see that difference is about 18 %.
More carbohydrates in cabbage
In cabbage is more carbohydrates than in green pepper.
There is 4.6g/100g of carbohydrates in green pepper and 5.8g/100g in cabbage so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 26 %.
Less fat in cabbage
In cabbage is less fats than in green pepper.
The tables above show us that there is 0.3g/100g of fats in green pepper and 0.1g/100g in cabbage. In this case difference is about 200 %.
- Carbohydrates5.8 g
- Fat0.1 g
- Dietary fiber2.5 g
- Protein1.3 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | chopped
- 79% CARBS.
- 18% PROTEIN
- 3% FAT
Vitamins: green pepper vs cabbage
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): cabbage 53% more than green pepper
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): cabbage 33% more than green pepper
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): green pepper 156% more than cabbage
- Vitaminium B6: green pepper 118% more than cabbage
- Vitaminium C: green pepper 149% more than cabbage
- Beta karoten: green pepper 360% more than cabbage
Minerals: cabbage vs green pepper
- Calcium: cabbage 233% more than green pepper
- Iron: green pepper 6% more than cabbage
- Magnessium: cabbage 33% more than green pepper
- Phosphorus: cabbage 13% more than green pepper
- Potassium: green pepper 4% more than cabbage
- Sodium: cabbage 800% more than green pepper
- Zink: green pepper 33% more than cabbage
Compares of cabbage
- Cabbage vs Artichoke
- Cabbage vs Arugula
- Cabbage vs Asparagus
- Cabbage vs Bamboo Shoots
- Cabbage vs Beetroot
- Cabbage vs Bok Choy
- see all compares of cabbage
Compares of green pepper
- Calories from Cabbage
- Calories of Carrot
- Calories in Cassava
- Cauliflower calories per 100g
- Fodder cabbage carbs per 100g
- Cucumber protein per 100g
- Eggplant fat per 100g
- How many calories does endive have?
- Calories in a half of fennel
- Calories in whole fennel
- Calories for one, two or more sennels
- How much protein in kale?