Butternut Squash vs Sweet Potato: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Butternut squash vs sweet potato - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in butternut squash is much less calories than in sweet potato.
Butternut squash has 45 kcal per 100g and sweet potato 86 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 91 %.
In butternut squash and in sweet potato most calories came from carbs.
butternut squash or sweet potato - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: sweet potato - 91% more than butternut squash.
- Carbohydrates: sweet potato - 72% more than butternut squash.
- Fat: butternut squash - 50% more than sweet potato.
- Dietary fiber: sweet potato - 50% more than butternut squash.
- Protein: sweet potato - 60% more than butternut squash.
Butternut squash vs sweet potato: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|per 100g||Butternut squash||Sweet potato|
|Carbohydrates||11.69 g||20.12 g|
|Fat||0.1 g||0.05 g|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||3 g|
|Protein||1 g||1.6 g|
|Calcium||48 mg||30 mg|
|Iron||0.7 mg||0.61 mg|
|Magnessium||34 mg||25 mg|
|Phosphorus||33 mg||47 mg|
|Potassium||352 mg||337 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||55 mg|
|Zink||0.15 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.1 mg||0.078 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.02 mg||0.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.2 mg||0.557 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.4 mg||0.8 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.154 mg||0.209 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||27 mg||11 mg|
|Vitaminium C||21 mg||2.4 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.44 mg||0.26 mg|
|Vitaminium K||1.1 mg||1.8 mg|
|Beta karoten||4226 mg||8509 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in butternut squash is less protein than in sweet potato.
There is 1.6g per 100g of sweet potato and 1g per 100g of butternut squash so using simple math we can see that difference is about 60 %.
Where is more carbs?
In butternut squash is less carbohydrates than in sweet potato.
There is 20.12g/100g of carbohydrates in sweet potato and 11.69g/100g in butternut squash so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 72 %.
Where is more fats?
In butternut squash is more fats than in sweet potato.
Tables below show us that there is 0.05g/100g of fats in sweet potato and 0.1g/100g in butternut squash. In this case difference is about 50 %.
See tables below to compare butternut squash with sweet potato in details.
- Carbohydrates11.69 g
- Fat0.1 g
- Dietary fiber2 g
- Protein1 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup | cup | mashed
- 91% CARBS.
- 8% PROTEIN
- 2% FAT
butternut squash or sweet potato - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): butternut squash - 22% more than sweet potato.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sweet potato - 205% more than butternut squash.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): butternut squash - 54% more than sweet potato.
- Vitaminium B5: sweet potato - 100% more than butternut squash.
- Vitaminium B6: sweet potato - 36% more than butternut squash.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): butternut squash - 59% more than sweet potato.
- Vitaminium C: butternut squash - 89% more than sweet potato.
- Vitaminium E: butternut squash - 82% more than sweet potato.
- Vitaminium K: sweet potato - 64% more than butternut squash.
- Beta karoten: sweet potato - 101% more than butternut squash.
butternut squash or sweet potato - where is more minerals?
- Calcium: butternut squash - 38% more than sweet potato.
- Iron: butternut squash - 13% more than sweet potato.
- Magnessium: butternut squash - 26% more than sweet potato.
- Phosphorus: sweet potato - 42% more than butternut squash.
- Potassium: butternut squash - 4% more than sweet potato.
- Sodium: sweet potato - 1275% more than butternut squash.
- Zink: sweet potato - 100% more than butternut squash.
Compares of butternut squash
- Artichoke vs Butternut Squash
- Arugula vs Butternut Squash
- Asparagus vs Butternut Squash
- Bamboo Shoots vs Butternut Squash
- Beetroot vs Butternut Squash
- Calabash vs Butternut Squash
Compares of sweet potato
- Calories from Butternut squash
- Calories of Cabbage
- Calories in Carrot
- Cassava calories per 100g
- Cauliflower carbs per 100g
- Fodder cabbage protein per 100g
- Cucumber fat per 100g
- How many calories does eggplant have?
- Calories in handful of fava beans
- Calories in tablespoon of fava beans
- How much protein in fennel?
- Butternut Squash vs Chard nutrition
- Butternut Squash vs Tomato calories
- Butternut Squash vs Turnip protein
- Butternut Squash vs Watercress sugar
- Butternut Squash vs Winged Bean vitamins
- Butternut Squash vs Yam dietary fiber
- Butternut Squash vs Courgette vitaminium C
- Butternut Squash vs Algae magnessium
- Butternut Squash vs Lentil potassium