Butter vs Mascarpone Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Mascarpone cheese vs. Butter
Both butter and mascarpone cheese are cream-based products that can be used for cooking, baking, or as a spread for bread.
The consistency of butter varies depending on the type and amount of fat used, while mascarpone has a thicker, more paste-like consistency.
Butter is known for its mild, slightly salty flavor, while mascarpone is often seen as being creamier and sweet.
When it comes to culinary uses, butter is commonly used in sautés, baking, and sauces.
Mascarpone, on the other hand, has a greater range of uses and can be added to many dishes like cheesecakes, tarts, and sauces.
More Calories in Butter
At first glance, you can see that in butter is much more calories than in mascarpone.
Butter has 717 kcal per 100g and mascarpone 429 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 67%.
In butter and in mascarpone most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare butter with mascarpone in details.
Butter And Mascarpone Nutrition Difference
Mascarpone vs Butter: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Butter||Mascarpone cheese|
|Carbohydrates||0.06 g||3.57 g|
|Fat||81.11 g||42.86 g|
|Protein||0.85 g||3.57 g|
|Calcium||24 mg||143 mg|
|Sodium||11 mg||54 mg|
Less protein in butter
It is aslo easy to see see that in butter is less protein than in mascarpone.
There is 3.57g per 100g of mascarpone and 0.85g per 100g of butter so using simple math we can see that difference is about 320%.
Less carbohydrates in butter
In butter is less carbohydrates than in mascarpone.
There is 3.57g/100g of carbohydrates in mascarpone and 0.06g/100g in butter so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 5850%.
More fat in butter
In butter is more fats than in mascarpone.
The tables above show us that there is 42.86g/100g of fats in mascarpone and 81.11g/100g in butter. In this case difference is about 89%.
- Carbohydrates0.06 g
- Fat81.11 g
- Protein0.85 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | slice | cup | half cup
- 0% CARBS.
- 0% PROTEIN
- 100% FAT
Compares of butter
- Butter vs Blue Cheese
- Butter vs Brie
- Butter vs Camembert
- Butter vs Cottage Cheese
- Butter vs Feta Cheese
- Butter vs Gouda Cheese
- see all compares of butter
Compares of mascarpone
- Calories from Butter
- Calories of Blood sausage
- Calories in Pork
- Herring calories per 100g
- Mascarpone cheese carbs per 100g
- Ground cinnamon protein per 100g
- Zebra cakes fat per 100g
- How many calories does cucumber sushi roll have?
- Calories in a half of ricotta cheese
- Calories in whole ricotta cheese
- Calories for one, two or more ricotta cheese
- Calories in tablespoon of ricotta cheese
- Calories in teaspoon of ricotta cheese
- How much protein in kalamata olives?
- Butter vs Omelette nutrition
- Goat Cheese vs Sour Cream 18% calories
- Goat Cheese vs Halloumi protein
- Goat Cheese vs Greek Yoghurt sugar
- Goat Cheese vs Mozzarella vitamins
- Goat Cheese vs Cheddar dietary fiber
- Goat Cheese vs Halloumi vitaminium C
- Goat Cheese&Quot; vs Mascarpone magnessium
- Sour Cream 18% vs Natural Yogurt potassium