Buckwheat vs Chia Seeds: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Buckwheat
At first glance, you can see that in buckwheat is less calories than in chia seeds.
Buckwheat has 343 kcal per 100g and chia seeds 486 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 42%.
In buckwheat and in chia seeds most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare buckwheat with chia seeds in details.
Fact 2: Buckwheat And Chia seeds Nutrition Difference
Chia seeds vs Buckwheat: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Buckwheat||Chia seeds|
|Carbohydrates||71.5 g||42.12 g|
|Fat||3.4 g||30.74 g|
|Dietary fiber||10 g||34.4 g|
|Protein||13.25 g||16.54 g|
|Calcium||18 mg||631 mg|
|Iron||2.2 mg||7.72 mg|
|Magnessium||231 mg||335 mg|
|Phosphorus||347 mg||860 mg|
|Potassium||460 mg||407 mg|
|Sodium||1 mg||16 mg|
|Zink||2.4 mg||4.58 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.101 mg||0.62 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.425 mg||0.17 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||7.02 mg||8.83 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||30 mg||49 mg|
Less protein in buckwheat
It is aslo easy to see see that in buckwheat is less protein than in chia seeds.
There is 16.54g per 100g of chia seeds and 13.25g per 100g of buckwheat so using simple math we can see that difference is about 25%.
More carbohydrates in buckwheat
In buckwheat is more carbohydrates than in chia seeds.
There is 42.12g/100g of carbohydrates in chia seeds and 71.5g/100g in buckwheat so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 70%.
Less fat in buckwheat
In buckwheat is less fats than in chia seeds.
The tables above show us that there is 30.74g/100g of fats in chia seeds and 3.4g/100g in buckwheat. In this case difference is about 804%.
- Carbohydrates71.5 g
- Fat3.4 g
- Dietary fiber10 g
- Protein13.25 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 77% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: chia seeds vs buckwheat
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): chia seeds 514% more than buckwheat
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): buckwheat 150% more than chia seeds
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chia seeds 26% more than buckwheat
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): chia seeds 63% more than buckwheat
Minerals: buckwheat vs chia seeds
- Calcium: chia seeds 3406% more than buckwheat
- Iron: chia seeds 251% more than buckwheat
- Magnessium: chia seeds 45% more than buckwheat
- Phosphorus: chia seeds 148% more than buckwheat
- Potassium: buckwheat 13% more than chia seeds
- Sodium: chia seeds 1500% more than buckwheat
- Zink: chia seeds 91% more than buckwheat
Compares of buckwheat
- Buckwheat vs Chia Seeds
- Buckwheat vs Linseed
- Buckwheat vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Buckwheat vs Quinoa
- Buckwheat vs Sesame
- Buckwheat vs Sunflower
- see all compares of buckwheat