Broccoli vs Green Pepper: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Broccoli
At first glance, you can see that in broccoli is much more calories than in green pepper.
Broccoli has 34 kcal per 100g and green pepper 18 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 89 %.
In broccoli and in green pepper most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare broccoli with green pepper in details.
Fact 2: Broccoli And Green pepper Nutrition Difference
Green pepper vs Broccoli: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Broccoli||Green pepper|
|Carbohydrates||6.64 g||4.6 g|
|Fat||0.37 g||0.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.6 g||2 g|
|Protein||2.82 g||1.1 g|
|Calcium||47 mg||12 mg|
|Iron||0.73 mg||0.5 mg|
|Magnessium||21 mg||9 mg|
|Potassium||316 mg||176 mg|
|Sodium||33 mg||2 mg|
|Zink||0.41 mg||0.24 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.071 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.117 mg||0.03 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.639 mg||0.6 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.175 mg||0.27 mg|
|Vitaminium C||89.2 mg||91 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.17 mg||3.1 mg|
|Beta karoten||361 mg||193 mg|
More protein in broccoli
It is aslo easy to see see that in broccoli is more protein than in green pepper.
There is 1.1g per 100g of green pepper and 2.82g per 100g of broccoli so using simple math we can see that difference is about 156 %.
More carbohydrates in broccoli
In broccoli is more carbohydrates than in green pepper.
There is 4.6g/100g of carbohydrates in green pepper and 6.64g/100g in broccoli so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 44 %.
More fat in broccoli
In broccoli is more fats than in green pepper.
The tables above show us that there is 0.3g/100g of fats in green pepper and 0.37g/100g in broccoli. In this case difference is about 23 %.
- Carbohydrates6.64 g
- Fat0.37 g
- Dietary fiber2.6 g
- Protein2.82 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | flowerets | cup | half cup | 1 floweret
- 65% CARBS.
- 27% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: green pepper vs broccoli
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): broccoli 78% more than green pepper
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): broccoli 290% more than green pepper
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): broccoli 7% more than green pepper
- Vitaminium B6: green pepper 54% more than broccoli
- Vitaminium C: green pepper 2% more than broccoli
- Vitaminium E: green pepper 1724% more than broccoli
- Beta karoten: broccoli 87% more than green pepper
Minerals: broccoli vs green pepper
Compares of broccoli
- Broccoli vs Artichoke
- Broccoli vs Arugula
- Broccoli vs Asparagus
- Broccoli vs Bamboo Shoots
- Broccoli vs Beetroot
- Broccoli vs Bitter Melon
- see all compares of broccoli
Compares of green pepper
- Calories from Broccoli
- Calories of Rapini
- Calories in Brussels sprouts
- Butternut squash calories per 100g
- Cabbage carbs per 100g
- Carrot protein per 100g
- Cassava fat per 100g
- How many calories does cauliflower have?
- Calories in a half of cucumber
- Calories in whole cucumber
- Calories for one, two or more cucumbers
- Calories in slice of cucumber
- How much protein in eggplant?