Brie vs Cottage Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Brie
At first glance, you can see that in Brie is much more calories than in cottage cheese.
Brie has 334 kcal per 100g and cottage cheese 98 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 241%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in Brie cames from fat and in cottage cheese from protein.
See tables below to compare Brie with cottage cheese in details.
Fact 2: Brie And Cottage cheese Nutrition Difference
Cottage cheese vs Brie: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Brie||Cottage cheese|
|Carbohydrates||0.45 g||3.38 g|
|Fat||27.68 g||4.3 g|
|Protein||20.75 g||11.12 g|
|Water||48.42 g||79.79 g|
|Calcium||184 mg||83 mg|
|Iron||0.5 mg||0.07 mg|
|Magnessium||20 mg||8 mg|
|Phosphorus||2.3 mg||0.1 mg|
|Potassium||152 mg||104 mg|
|Sodium||629 mg||315 mg|
|Zink||2.3 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.07 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.52 mg||0.163 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.38 mg||0.099 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.235 mg||0.046 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.065 mg||0.012 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.24 mg||0.08 mg|
More protein in Brie
It is aslo easy to see see that in Brie is more protein than in cottage cheese.
There is 11.12g per 100g of cottage cheese and 20.75g per 100g of Brie so using simple math we can see that difference is about 87%.
Less carbohydrates in Brie
In Brie is less carbohydrates than in cottage cheese.
There is 3.38g/100g of carbohydrates in cottage cheese and 0.45g/100g in Brie so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 651%.
More fat in Brie
In Brie is more fats than in cottage cheese.
The tables above show us that there is 4.3g/100g of fats in cottage cheese and 27.68g/100g in Brie. In this case difference is about 544%.
- Carbohydrates0.45 g
- Fat27.68 g
- Protein20.75 g
- Water48.42 g
100g | ounce | slice | small cylinder | medium cylinder | large cylinder
- 1% CARBS.
- 25% PROTEIN
- 75% FAT
Vitamins: cottage cheese vs Brie
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): Brie 159% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): Brie 219% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): Brie 284% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B6: Brie 411% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): Brie 442% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium E: Brie 200% more than cottage cheese
Minerals: Brie vs cottage cheese
- Calcium: Brie 122% more than cottage cheese
- Iron: Brie 614% more than cottage cheese
- Magnessium: Brie 150% more than cottage cheese
- Phosphorus: Brie 2200% more than cottage cheese
- Potassium: Brie 46% more than cottage cheese
- Sodium: Brie 100% more than cottage cheese
- Zink: Brie 2200% more than cottage cheese
Compares of Brie
- Brie vs Blue Cheese
- Brie vs Camembert
- Brie vs Cottage Cheese
- Brie vs Edam Cheese
- Brie vs Feta Cheese
- Brie vs Gouda Cheese
- see all compares of Brie
Compares of cottage cheese
- Calories from Brie
- Calories of Mayonnaise
- Calories in Wiener (hot dog)
- Coconut water calories per 100g
- Salmon carbs per 100g
- Nutella protein per 100g
- Paratha fat per 100g
- How many calories does ham steak have?
- Calories in a half of chicken shawarma
- Calories in whole chicken shawarma
- Calories for one, two or more chicken shawarma
- How much protein in chobani yogurt nonfat?