Brie vs Cheddar: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Brie vs cheddar - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in Brie is less calories than in cheddar.
Brie has 334 kcal per 100g and cheddar 410 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 23 %.
In Brie and in cheddar most calories came from fat.
Brie or cheddar - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: cheddar - 23% more than Brie.
- Carbohydrates: cheddar - 373% more than Brie.
- Fat: cheddar - 22% more than Brie.
- Protein: cheddar - 17% more than Brie.
- Water: Brie - 25% more than cheddar.
Brie vs cheddar: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|Carbohydrates||0.45 g||2.13 g|
|Fat||27.68 g||33.82 g|
|Protein||20.75 g||24.25 g|
|Water||48.42 g||36.15 g|
|Calcium||184 mg||711 mg|
|Iron||0.5 mg||0.16 mg|
|Magnessium||20 mg||27 mg|
|Phosphorus||2.3 mg||2.4 mg|
|Potassium||152 mg||76 mg|
|Sodium||629 mg||644 mg|
|Zink||2.3 mg||2.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.07 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.52 mg||0.434 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.38 mg||0.039 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.235 mg||0.075 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.065 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.24 mg||0.78 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.002 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in Brie is less protein than in cheddar.
There is 24.25g per 100g of cheddar and 20.75g per 100g of Brie so using simple math we can see that difference is about 17 %.
Where is more carbs?
In Brie is less carbohydrates than in cheddar.
There is 2.13g/100g of carbohydrates in cheddar and 0.45g/100g in Brie so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 373 %.
Where is more fats?
In Brie is less fats than in cheddar.
Tables below show us that there is 33.82g/100g of fats in cheddar and 27.68g/100g in Brie. In this case difference is about 22 %.
See tables below to compare Brie with cheddar in details.
- Carbohydrates0.45 g
- Fat27.68 g
- Protein20.75 g
- Water48.42 g
100g | ounce | slice | small cylinder | medium cylinder | large cylinder
- 1% CARBS.
- 25% PROTEIN
- 75% FAT
Brie or cheddar - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): Brie - 61% more than cheddar.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): Brie - 17% more than cheddar.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): Brie - 90% more than cheddar.
- Vitaminium B6: Brie - 68% more than cheddar.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): Brie - 58% more than cheddar.
- Vitaminium E: cheddar - 225% more than Brie.
- Vitaminium K: cheddar - 0% more than Brie.
Brie or cheddar - where is more minerals?
Compares of Brie
- Blue Cheese vs Brie
- Brie vs Camembert
- Brie vs White Cheese
- Brie vs Cottage Cheese
- Brie vs White Cheese (Lowfat)
- Brie vs Edam Cheese
Compares of cheddar
- Calories from Brie
- Calories of Mayonnaise
- Calories in Pork sausage
- Coconut milk calories per 100g
- Squid carbs per 100g
- Agave syrup protein per 100g
- Zebra cakes fat per 100g
- How many calories does cucumber sushi roll have?
- Calories in a half of ricotta cheese
- Calories in whole ricotta cheese
- Calories for one, two or more ricotta cheese
- Calories in tablespoon of ricotta cheese
- Calories in teaspoon of ricotta cheese
- How much protein in kalamata olives?