Brie vs Cheddar: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Brie vs cheddar - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in Brie is more calories than in cheddar.
Brie has 334 kcal per 100g and cheddar 410 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 23 %.
In Brie and in cheddar most calories came from fat.
Brie or cheddar - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: cheddar - 23% more than Brie
- Carbohydrates: cheddar - 373% more than Brie
- Fat: cheddar - 22% more than Brie
- Protein: cheddar - 17% more than Brie
- Water: Brie - 34% more than cheddar
Brie vs cheddar nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|Carbohydrates||0.45 g||2.13 g|
|Fat||27.68 g||33.82 g|
|Protein||20.75 g||24.25 g|
|Water||48.42 g||36.15 g|
|Calcium||184 mg||711 mg|
|Iron||0.5 mg||0.16 mg|
|Magnessium||20 mg||27 mg|
|Phosphorus||2.3 mg||2.4 mg|
|Potassium||152 mg||76 mg|
|Sodium||629 mg||644 mg|
|Zink||2.3 mg||2.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.07 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.52 mg||0.434 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.38 mg||0.039 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.235 mg||0.075 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.065 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.24 mg||0.78 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.002 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in Brie is less protein than in cheddar.
There is 24.25g per 100g of cheddar and 20.75g per 100g of Brie so using simple math we can see that difference is about 17 %.
In Brie is less carbohydrates than in cheddar.
There is 2.13g/100g of carbohydrates in cheddar and 0.45g/100g in Brie so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 373 %.
In Brie is less fats than in cheddar.
The tables above show us that there is 33.82g/100g of fats in cheddar and 27.68g/100g in Brie. In this case difference is about 22 %.
See tables below to compare Brie with cheddar in details.
- Carbohydrates0.45 g
- Fat27.68 g
- Protein20.75 g
- Water48.42 g
100g | ounce | slice | small cylinder | medium cylinder | large cylinder
- 1% CARBS.
- 25% PROTEIN
- 75% FAT
Vitamins: cheddar vs Brie
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): Brie 159% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): Brie 20% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): Brie 874% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium B6: Brie 213% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): Brie 141% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium E: cheddar 225% more than Brie
- Vitaminium K: cheddar 0% more than Brie
Minerals: Brie vs cheddar
Compares of Brie
- Brie vs Blue Cheese
- Brie vs Camembert
- Brie vs Cottage Cheese
- Brie vs Edam Cheese
- Brie vs Feta Cheese
- Brie vs Gouda Cheese
- see all compares of Brie
Compares of cheddar
- Calories from Brie
- Calories of Mayonnaise
- Calories in Wiener (hot dog)
- Coconut water calories per 100g
- Salmon carbs per 100g
- Nutella protein per 100g
- Paratha fat per 100g
- How many calories does ham steak have?
- Calories in a half of chicken shawarma
- Calories in whole chicken shawarma
- Calories for one, two or more chicken shawarma
- How much protein in chobani yogurt nonfat?