Brazil Nuts vs Chestnuts: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Brazil nuts
At first glance, you can see that in brazil nuts is much more calories than in chestnuts.
Brazil nuts has 659 kcal per 100g and chestnuts 213 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 209 %.
In brazil nuts and in chestnuts most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare brazil nuts with chestnuts in details.
Fact 2: Brazil nuts And Chestnuts Nutrition Difference
Chestnuts vs Brazil nuts: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Brazil nuts||Chestnuts|
|Carbohydrates||11.74 g||45.54 g|
|Fat||67.1 g||2.26 g|
|Dietary fiber||7.5 g||8.1 g|
|Protein||14.32 g||2.42 g|
|Calcium||160 mg||27 mg|
|Iron||2.43 mg||1.01 mg|
|Magnessium||376 mg||32 mg|
|Phosphorus||725 mg||93 mg|
|Potassium||597 mg||518 mg|
|Sodium||2 mg||3 mg|
|Zink||4.06 mg||0.52 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.617 mg||0.238 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.035 mg||0.168 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.295 mg||1.179 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.184 mg||0.509 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.101 mg||0.376 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||22 mg||62 mg|
|Vitaminium C||0.7 mg||43 mg|
More protein in brazil nuts
It is aslo easy to see see that in brazil nuts is more protein than in chestnuts.
There is 2.42g per 100g of chestnuts and 14.32g per 100g of brazil nuts so using simple math we can see that difference is about 492 %.
Less carbohydrates in brazil nuts
In brazil nuts is less carbohydrates than in chestnuts.
There is 45.54g/100g of carbohydrates in chestnuts and 11.74g/100g in brazil nuts so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 288 %.
More fat in brazil nuts
In brazil nuts is more fats than in chestnuts.
The tables above show us that there is 2.26g/100g of fats in chestnuts and 67.1g/100g in brazil nuts. In this case difference is about 2869 %.
- Carbohydrates11.74 g
- Fat67.1 g
- Dietary fiber7.5 g
- Protein14.32 g
100g | ounce | single piece | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 7% CARBS.
- 8% PROTEIN
- 85% FAT
Vitamins: chestnuts vs brazil nuts
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): brazil nuts 159% more than chestnuts
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): chestnuts 380% more than brazil nuts
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chestnuts 300% more than brazil nuts
- Vitaminium B5: chestnuts 177% more than brazil nuts
- Vitaminium B6: chestnuts 272% more than brazil nuts
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): chestnuts 182% more than brazil nuts
- Vitaminium C: chestnuts 6043% more than brazil nuts
Minerals: brazil nuts vs chestnuts
- Calcium: brazil nuts 493% more than chestnuts
- Iron: brazil nuts 141% more than chestnuts
- Magnessium: brazil nuts 1075% more than chestnuts
- Phosphorus: brazil nuts 680% more than chestnuts
- Potassium: brazil nuts 15% more than chestnuts
- Sodium: chestnuts 50% more than brazil nuts
- Zink: brazil nuts 681% more than chestnuts
Compares of brazil nuts
- Brazil Nuts vs Almonds
- Brazil Nuts vs Chestnuts
- Brazil Nuts vs Coconut
- Brazil Nuts vs Hazelnuts
- Brazil Nuts vs Macadamia Nuts
- Brazil Nuts vs Peanuts
- see all compares of brazil nuts
Compares of chestnuts
- Calories from Brazil nuts
- Calories of Cashew nuts
- Calories in Chestnuts
- Chia seeds calories per 100g
- Coconut carbs per 100g
- Linseed protein per 100g
- Hazelnuts fat per 100g
- How many calories do macadamia nuts have?
- Calories in a half of pecan
- Calories in whole pecan
- Calories for one, two or more pecans
- Calories in handful of pecans
- How much protein in Pine nuts?