Blue Cheese vs Cottage Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Blue cheese
At first glance, you can see that in blue cheese is much more calories than in cottage cheese.
Blue cheese has 353 kcal per 100g and cottage cheese 98 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 260%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in blue cheese cames from fat and in cottage cheese from protein.
See tables below to compare blue cheese with cottage cheese in details.
Fact 2: Blue cheese And Cottage cheese Nutrition Difference
Cottage cheese vs Blue cheese: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Blue cheese||Cottage cheese|
|Carbohydrates||2.34 g||3.38 g|
|Fat||28.74 g||4.3 g|
|Protein||21.4 g||11.12 g|
|Water||42.41 g||79.79 g|
|Calcium||528 mg||83 mg|
|Iron||0.31 mg||0.07 mg|
|Magnessium||23 mg||8 mg|
|Phosphorus||2.4 mg||0.1 mg|
|Potassium||256 mg||104 mg|
|Sodium||1146 mg||315 mg|
|Zink||2.4 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.029 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.382 mg||0.163 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.016 mg||0.099 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.166 mg||0.046 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.036 mg||0.012 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.25 mg||0.08 mg|
More protein in blue cheese
It is aslo easy to see see that in blue cheese is more protein than in cottage cheese.
There is 11.12g per 100g of cottage cheese and 21.4g per 100g of blue cheese so using simple math we can see that difference is about 92%.
Less carbohydrates in blue cheese
In blue cheese is less carbohydrates than in cottage cheese.
There is 3.38g/100g of carbohydrates in cottage cheese and 2.34g/100g in blue cheese so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 44%.
More fat in blue cheese
In blue cheese is more fats than in cottage cheese.
The tables above show us that there is 4.3g/100g of fats in cottage cheese and 28.74g/100g in blue cheese. In this case difference is about 568%.
- Carbohydrates2.34 g
- Fat28.74 g
- Protein21.4 g
- Water42.41 g
100g | ounce | slice | cup | crumbled | small cylinder | medium cylinder | large cylinder
- 3% CARBS.
- 24% PROTEIN
- 73% FAT
Vitamins: cottage cheese vs blue cheese
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): blue cheese 7% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): blue cheese 134% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): blue cheese 926% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B6: blue cheese 261% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): blue cheese 200% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium E: blue cheese 213% more than cottage cheese
Minerals: blue cheese vs cottage cheese
- Calcium: blue cheese 536% more than cottage cheese
- Iron: blue cheese 343% more than cottage cheese
- Magnessium: blue cheese 188% more than cottage cheese
- Phosphorus: blue cheese 2300% more than cottage cheese
- Potassium: blue cheese 146% more than cottage cheese
- Sodium: blue cheese 264% more than cottage cheese
- Zink: blue cheese 2300% more than cottage cheese
Compares of blue cheese
- Blue Cheese vs Brie
- Blue Cheese vs Camembert
- Blue Cheese vs Cottage Cheese
- Blue Cheese vs Feta Cheese
- Blue Cheese vs Gouda Cheese
- Blue Cheese vs Parmesan
- see all compares of blue cheese
Compares of cottage cheese
- Calories from Blue cheese
- Calories of Mustard
- Calories in Pork sausage
- Coconut milk calories per 100g
- Squid carbs per 100g
- Agave syrup protein per 100g
- Zebra cakes fat per 100g
- How many calories does cucumber sushi roll have?
- Calories in a half of ricotta cheese
- Calories in whole ricotta cheese
- Calories for one, two or more ricotta cheese
- Calories in tablespoon of ricotta cheese
- Calories in teaspoon of ricotta cheese
- How much protein in kalamata olives?
- Blue Cheese vs Feta Cheese nutrition
- Blue Cheese vs Gouda Cheese calories
- Blue Cheese vs Parmesan protein
- Blue Cheese vs Swiss Cheese sugar
- Blue Cheese vs Butter vitamins
- Blue Cheese vs Goat Cheese dietary fiber
- Blue Cheese vs Sour Cream 18% vitaminium C
- Blue Cheese vs Cheddar magnessium
- Blue Cheese vs Mozzarella potassium