Basil vs Epazote: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Basil vs epazote - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in basil is more calories than in epazote.
Basil has 23 kcal per 100g and epazote 32 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 39 %.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in basil cames from protein and in epazote from carbs.
basil or epazote - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: epazote - 39% more than basil
- Carbohydrates: epazote - 181% more than basil
- Fat: basil - 23% more than epazote
- Protein: basil - 855% more than epazote
Basil vs epazote nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|Carbohydrates||2.65 g||7.44 g|
|Fat||0.64 g||0.52 g|
|Protein||3.15 g||0.33 g|
|Calcium||177 mg||275 mg|
|Iron||3.17 mg||1.88 mg|
|Magnessium||64 mg||121 mg|
|Potassium||295 mg||470 mg|
|Sodium||4 mg||80 mg|
|Zink||0.81 mg||1.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.034 mg||0.028 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.076 mg||0.348 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.902 mg||0.639 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.209 mg||0.179 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.155 mg||0.152 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||68 mg||215 mg|
|Vitaminium C||18 mg||3.6 mg|
|Beta karoten||3142 mg||38 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in basil is more protein than in epazote.
There is 0.33g per 100g of epazote and 3.15g per 100g of basil so using simple math we can see that difference is about 855 %.
In basil is less carbohydrates than in epazote.
There is 7.44g/100g of carbohydrates in epazote and 2.65g/100g in basil so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 181 %.
In basil is more fats than in epazote.
The tables above show us that there is 0.52g/100g of fats in epazote and 0.64g/100g in basil. In this case difference is about 23 %.
See tables below to compare basil with epazote in details.
- Carbohydrates2.65 g
- Fat0.64 g
- Protein3.15 g
100g | ounce | handfull | cup | half cup
- 37% CARBS.
- 44% PROTEIN
- 20% FAT
Vitamins: epazote vs basil
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): basil 21% more than epazote
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): epazote 358% more than basil
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): basil 41% more than epazote
- Vitaminium B5: basil 17% more than epazote
- Vitaminium B6: basil 2% more than epazote
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): epazote 216% more than basil
- Vitaminium C: basil 400% more than epazote
- Beta karoten: basil 8168% more than epazote
Minerals: basil vs epazote
Compares of basil
- Basil vs Celery
- Basil vs Coriander
- Basil vs Epazote
- Basil vs Lemongrass
- Basil vs Oregano
- Basil vs Parsley
- see all compares of basil