Baguette vs Slice of Bread: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Baguette
At first glance, you can see that in baguette is more calories than in slice of bread.
Baguette has 310 kcal per 100g and slice of bread 266 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 17%.
In baguette and in slice of bread most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare baguette with slice of bread in details.
Fact 2: Baguette And Slice of bread Nutrition Difference
Slice of bread vs Baguette: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Baguette||Slice of bread|
|Carbohydrates||52.04 g||49.42 g|
|Fat||6.47 g||3.33 g|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||2.7 g|
|Protein||10.86 g||8.85 g|
|Water||28.44 g||36.42 g|
|Calcium||178 mg||144 mg|
|Iron||3.72 mg||3.61 mg|
|Magnessium||26 mg||23 mg|
|Phosphorus||10.6 mg||0.2 mg|
|Potassium||139 mg||126 mg|
|Sodium||467 mg||490 mg|
|Zink||10.6 mg||0.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.526 mg||0.533 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.374 mg||0.243 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||5.367 mg||4.78 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.097 mg||0.087 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.15 mg||0.171 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.28 mg||0.22 mg|
More protein in baguette
It is aslo easy to see see that in baguette is more protein than in slice of bread.
There is 8.85g per 100g of slice of bread and 10.86g per 100g of baguette so using simple math we can see that difference is about 23%.
More carbohydrates in baguette
In baguette is more carbohydrates than in slice of bread.
There is 49.42g/100g of carbohydrates in slice of bread and 52.04g/100g in baguette so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 5%.
More fat in baguette
In baguette is more fats than in slice of bread.
The tables above show us that there is 3.33g/100g of fats in slice of bread and 6.47g/100g in baguette. In this case difference is about 94%.
- Carbohydrates52.04 g
- Fat6.47 g
- Dietary fiber2 g
- Protein10.86 g
- Water28.44 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 67% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 19% FAT
Vitamins: slice of bread vs baguette
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): slice of bread 1% more than baguette
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): baguette 54% more than slice of bread
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): baguette 12% more than slice of bread
- Vitaminium B6: baguette 11% more than slice of bread
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): slice of bread 14% more than baguette
- Vitaminium E: baguette 27% more than slice of bread
Minerals: baguette vs slice of bread
- Calcium: baguette 24% more than slice of bread
- Iron: baguette 3% more than slice of bread
- Magnessium: baguette 13% more than slice of bread
- Phosphorus: baguette 5200% more than slice of bread
- Potassium: baguette 10% more than slice of bread
- Sodium: slice of bread 5% more than baguette
- Zink: baguette 5200% more than slice of bread
Compares of baguette
- Baguette vs Dark Bread
- Baguette vs Bread
- Baguette vs Slice of Bread
- Baguette vs Pretzel
- Baguette vs Tortilla
- Baguette vs Toast
- see all compares of baguette
Compares of slice of bread
- Calories from Baguette
- Calories of Snickers
- Calories in Plain yogurt
- Pepperoni calories per 100g
- Ketchup carbs per 100g
- Lobster protein per 100g
- Algae fat per 100g
- How many calories does sausage gravy have?
- Calories in a half of lemon bar
- Calories in whole lemon bar
- Calories for one, two or more lemon bar
- How much protein in Tic Tac?