Baguette vs Dark Bread: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Baguette
At first glance, you can see that in baguette is more calories than in dark bread.
Baguette has 310 kcal per 100g and dark bread 252 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 23%.
In baguette and in dark bread most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare baguette with dark bread in details.
Fact 2: Baguette And Dark bread Nutrition Difference
Dark bread vs Baguette: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Baguette||Dark bread|
|Carbohydrates||52.04 g||42.71 g|
|Fat||6.47 g||3.5 g|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||6 g|
|Protein||10.86 g||12.45 g|
|Water||28.44 g||39.01 g|
|Calcium||178 mg||161 mg|
|Iron||3.72 mg||2.47 mg|
|Magnessium||26 mg||75 mg|
|Phosphorus||10.6 mg||7.8 mg|
|Potassium||139 mg||254 mg|
|Sodium||467 mg||455 mg|
|Zink||10.6 mg||7.8 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.526 mg||0.394 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.374 mg||0.167 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||5.367 mg||4.438 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.097 mg||0.215 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.15 mg||0.042 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.28 mg||2.66 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.011 mg||0.008 mg|
Less protein in baguette
It is aslo easy to see see that in baguette is less protein than in dark bread.
There is 12.45g per 100g of dark bread and 10.86g per 100g of baguette so using simple math we can see that difference is about 15%.
More carbohydrates in baguette
In baguette is more carbohydrates than in dark bread.
There is 42.71g/100g of carbohydrates in dark bread and 52.04g/100g in baguette so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 22%.
More fat in baguette
In baguette is more fats than in dark bread.
The tables above show us that there is 3.5g/100g of fats in dark bread and 6.47g/100g in baguette. In this case difference is about 85%.
- Carbohydrates52.04 g
- Fat6.47 g
- Dietary fiber2 g
- Protein10.86 g
- Water28.44 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 67% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 19% FAT
Vitamins: dark bread vs baguette
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): baguette 34% more than dark bread
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): baguette 124% more than dark bread
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): baguette 21% more than dark bread
- Vitaminium B6: dark bread 122% more than baguette
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): baguette 257% more than dark bread
- Vitaminium E: dark bread 850% more than baguette
- Vitaminium K: baguette 38% more than dark bread
Minerals: baguette vs dark bread
Compares of baguette
- Baguette vs Dark Bread
- Baguette vs Bread
- Baguette vs Slice of Bread
- Baguette vs Pretzel
- Baguette vs Tortilla
- Baguette vs Toast
- see all compares of baguette
Compares of dark bread
- Calories from Baguette
- Calories of Egg yolk
- Calories in Goose liver
- Grapefruit juice calories per 100g
- Eel (fillet, meat) carbs per 100g
- Mozzarella cheese protein per 100g
- Vermouth fat per 100g
- How many calories does french baguette have?
- Calories in a half of animal crackers
- Calories in whole animal crackers
- Calories for one, two or more animal crackers
- How much protein in prosciutto?