Almonds vs Pistachios: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Almonds
At first glance, you can see that in almonds is just a little more calories than in pistachios.
Almonds has 579 kcal per 100g and pistachios 557 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 4%.
In almonds and in pistachios most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare almonds with pistachios in details.
Fact 2: Almonds And Pistachios Nutrition Difference
Pistachios vs Almonds: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||21.55 g||27.97 g|
|Fat||49.93 g||44.44 g|
|Dietary fiber||12.5 g||10.3 g|
|Protein||21.15 g||20.6 g|
|Calcium||269 mg||107 mg|
|Iron||3.71 mg||4.15 mg|
|Magnessium||270 mg||121 mg|
|Phosphorus||481 mg||376 mg|
|Potassium||733 mg||1025 mg|
|Sodium||1 mg||1 mg|
|Zink||3.12 mg||2.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.205 mg||0.87 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||1.138 mg||0.16 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||3.618 mg||1.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.47 mg||0.52 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.137 mg||1.7 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||44 mg||51 mg|
|Vitaminium E||26 mg||22.6 mg|
|Beta karoten||1 mg||332 mg|
More protein in almonds
It is aslo easy to see see that in almonds is more protein than in pistachios.
There is 20.6g per 100g of pistachios and 21.15g per 100g of almonds so using simple math we can see that difference is about 3%.
Less carbohydrates in almonds
In almonds is less carbohydrates than in pistachios.
There is 27.97g/100g of carbohydrates in pistachios and 21.55g/100g in almonds so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 30%.
More fat in almonds
In almonds is more fats than in pistachios.
The tables above show us that there is 44.44g/100g of fats in pistachios and 49.93g/100g in almonds. In this case difference is about 12%.
- Carbohydrates21.55 g
- Fat49.93 g
- Dietary fiber12.5 g
- Protein21.15 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 14% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 72% FAT
Vitamins: pistachios vs almonds
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): pistachios 324% more than almonds
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): almonds 611% more than pistachios
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): almonds 178% more than pistachios
- Vitaminium B5: pistachios 11% more than almonds
- Vitaminium B6: pistachios 1141% more than almonds
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): pistachios 16% more than almonds
- Vitaminium E: almonds 15% more than pistachios
- Beta karoten: pistachios 33100% more than almonds
Minerals: almonds vs pistachios
Compares of almonds
- Almonds vs Brazil Nuts
- Almonds vs Cashew Nuts
- Almonds vs Chestnuts
- Almonds vs Coconut
- Almonds vs Hazelnuts
- Almonds vs Macadamia Nuts
- see all compares of almonds
Compares of pistachios
- Calories from Almonds
- Calories of Buckwheat
- Calories in Brazil nuts
- Cashew nuts calories per 100g
- Chestnuts carbs per 100g
- Chia seeds protein per 100g
- Coconut fat per 100g
- How many calories does linseed have?
- Calories in a half of macadamia nuts
- Calories in whole macadamia nuts
- Calories for one, two or more macadamia nuts
- Calories in handful of macadamia nuts
- How much protein in peanuts?
- Almonds vs Almond Flakes nutrition
- Brazil Nuts vs Chestnuts calories
- Brazil Nuts vs Coconut protein
- Brazil Nuts vs Hazelnuts sugar
- Brazil Nuts vs Macadamia Nuts vitamins
- Brazil Nuts vs Peanuts dietary fiber
- Brazil Nuts vs Pecan vitaminium C
- Brazil Nuts vs Pine Nuts magnessium
- Brazil Nuts vs Walnuts potassium