Almonds vs Peanuts: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Almonds
At first glance, you can see that in almonds is just a little more calories than in peanuts.
Almonds has 579 kcal per 100g and peanuts 567 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 2%.
In almonds and in peanuts most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare almonds with peanuts in details.
Fact 2: Almonds And Peanuts Nutrition Difference
Peanuts vs Almonds: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||21.55 g||16.13 g|
|Fat||49.93 g||49.24 g|
|Dietary fiber||12.5 g||8.5 g|
|Protein||21.15 g||25.8 g|
|Calcium||269 mg||92 mg|
|Iron||3.71 mg||4.58 mg|
|Magnessium||270 mg||168 mg|
|Phosphorus||481 mg||76 mg|
|Potassium||733 mg||705 mg|
|Sodium||1 mg||18 mg|
|Zink||3.12 mg||3.27 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.205 mg||0.64 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||1.138 mg||0.135 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||3.618 mg||12.066 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.47 mg||1.767 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.137 mg||0.348 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||44 mg||240 mg|
|Vitaminium E||26 mg||8.33 mg|
Less protein in almonds
It is aslo easy to see see that in almonds is less protein than in peanuts.
There is 25.8g per 100g of peanuts and 21.15g per 100g of almonds so using simple math we can see that difference is about 22%.
More carbohydrates in almonds
In almonds is more carbohydrates than in peanuts.
There is 16.13g/100g of carbohydrates in peanuts and 21.55g/100g in almonds so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 34%.
More fat in almonds
In almonds is more fats than in peanuts.
The tables above show us that there is 49.24g/100g of fats in peanuts and 49.93g/100g in almonds. In this case difference is about 1%.
- Carbohydrates21.55 g
- Fat49.93 g
- Dietary fiber12.5 g
- Protein21.15 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 14% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 72% FAT
Vitamins: peanuts vs almonds
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): peanuts 212% more than almonds
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): almonds 743% more than peanuts
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): peanuts 233% more than almonds
- Vitaminium B5: peanuts 276% more than almonds
- Vitaminium B6: peanuts 154% more than almonds
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): peanuts 445% more than almonds
- Vitaminium E: almonds 212% more than peanuts
Minerals: almonds vs peanuts
Compares of almonds
- Almonds vs Brazil Nuts
- Almonds vs Cashew Nuts
- Almonds vs Chestnuts
- Almonds vs Coconut
- Almonds vs Hazelnuts
- Almonds vs Macadamia Nuts
- see all compares of almonds
Compares of peanuts
- Calories from Almonds
- Calories of Buckwheat
- Calories in Brazil nuts
- Cashew nuts calories per 100g
- Chestnuts carbs per 100g
- Chia seeds protein per 100g
- Coconut fat per 100g
- How many calories does linseed have?
- Calories in a half of macadamia nuts
- Calories in whole macadamia nuts
- Calories for one, two or more macadamia nuts
- Calories in handful of macadamia nuts
- How much protein in peanuts?