Almonds vs Cashew Nuts: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Almonds
At first glance, you can see that in almonds is just a little more calories than in cashew nuts.
Almonds has 579 kcal per 100g and cashew nuts 553 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 5 %.
In almonds and in cashew nuts most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare almonds with cashew nuts in details.
Fact 2: Almonds And Cashew nuts Nutrition Difference
Cashew nuts vs Almonds: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Almonds||Cashew nuts|
|Carbohydrates||21.55 g||30.19 g|
|Fat||49.93 g||43.85 g|
|Dietary fiber||12.5 g||3.3 g|
|Protein||21.15 g||18.22 g|
|Calcium||269 mg||37 mg|
|Iron||3.71 mg||6.68 mg|
|Magnessium||270 mg||292 mg|
|Phosphorus||481 mg||593 mg|
|Potassium||733 mg||660 mg|
|Sodium||1 mg||12 mg|
|Zink||3.12 mg||5.78 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.205 mg||0.423 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||1.138 mg||0.058 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||3.618 mg||1.062 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.47 mg||0.864 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.137 mg||0.417 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||44 mg||25 mg|
|Vitaminium E||26 mg||5.31 mg|
More protein in almonds
It is aslo easy to see see that in almonds is more protein than in cashew nuts.
There is 18.22g per 100g of cashew nuts and 21.15g per 100g of almonds so using simple math we can see that difference is about 16 %.
Less carbohydrates in almonds
In almonds is less carbohydrates than in cashew nuts.
There is 30.19g/100g of carbohydrates in cashew nuts and 21.55g/100g in almonds so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 40 %.
More fat in almonds
In almonds is more fats than in cashew nuts.
The tables above show us that there is 43.85g/100g of fats in cashew nuts and 49.93g/100g in almonds. In this case difference is about 14 %.
- Carbohydrates21.55 g
- Fat49.93 g
- Dietary fiber12.5 g
- Protein21.15 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 14% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 72% FAT
Vitamins: cashew nuts vs almonds
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): cashew nuts 106% more than almonds
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): almonds 1862% more than cashew nuts
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): almonds 241% more than cashew nuts
- Vitaminium B5: cashew nuts 84% more than almonds
- Vitaminium B6: cashew nuts 204% more than almonds
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): almonds 76% more than cashew nuts
- Vitaminium E: almonds 390% more than cashew nuts
Minerals: almonds vs cashew nuts
Compares of almonds
- Almonds vs Brazil Nuts
- Almonds vs Cashew Nuts
- Almonds vs Chestnuts
- Almonds vs Coconut
- Almonds vs Hazelnuts
- Almonds vs Macadamia Nuts
- see all compares of almonds
Compares of cashew nuts
- Calories from Almonds
- Calories of Buckwheat
- Calories in Brazil nuts
- Cashew nuts calories per 100g
- Chestnuts carbs per 100g
- Chia seeds protein per 100g
- Coconut fat per 100g
- How many calories does linseed have?
- Calories in a half of macadamia nuts
- Calories in whole macadamia nuts
- Calories for one, two or more macadamia nuts
- Calories in handful of macadamia nuts
- How much protein in peanuts?