Chive vs Green Onions: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Chive
At first glance, you can see that in chive is just a little less calories than in green onions.
Chive has 30 kcal per 100g and green onions 32 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 7%.
In chive and in green onion most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare chive with green onions in details.
Fact 2: Chive And Green onions Nutrition Difference
Green onions vs Chive: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Chive||Green onions|
|Carbohydrates||4.35 g||7.34 g|
|Fat||0.73 g||0.19 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.5 g||2.6 g|
|Protein||3.27 g||1.83 g|
|Calcium||92 mg||72 mg|
|Iron||1.6 mg||1.48 mg|
|Magnessium||42 mg||20 mg|
|Potassium||296 mg||276 mg|
|Sodium||3 mg||16 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.078 mg||0.055 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.115 mg||0.08 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.647 mg||0.525 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.138 mg||0.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||105 mg||0.064 mg|
|Vitaminium C||58.1 mg||18.8 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.21 mg||0.55 mg|
|Vitaminium K||212.7 mg||0.207 mg|
More protein in chive
It is aslo easy to see see that in chive is more protein than in green onions.
There is 1.83g per 100g of green onions and 3.27g per 100g of chive so using simple math we can see that difference is about 79%.
Less carbohydrates in chive
In chive is less carbohydrates than in green onions.
There is 7.34g/100g of carbohydrates in green onions and 4.35g/100g in chive so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 69%.
More fat in chive
In chive is more fats than in green onions.
The tables above show us that there is 0.19g/100g of fats in green onions and 0.73g/100g in chive. In this case difference is about 284%.
- Carbohydrates4.35 g
- Fat0.73 g
- Dietary fiber2.5 g
- Protein3.27 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | bunch | cup | chopped
- 47% CARBS.
- 35% PROTEIN
- 18% FAT
Vitamins: green onions vs chive
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): chive 42% more than green onions
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): chive 44% more than green onions
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chive 23% more than green onions
- Vitaminium B6: chive 126% more than green onions
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): chive 163963% more than green onions
- Vitaminium C: chive 209% more than green onions
- Vitaminium E: green onions 162% more than chive
- Vitaminium K: chive 102654% more than green onions
Minerals: chive vs green onions
Compares of chive
- Chive vs Cabbage
- Chive vs Leek
- Chive vs Onion
- Chive vs Shallot
- Chive vs Spinach
- Chive vs Garlic
- see all compares of chive
Compares of green onion
- Calories from Chive
- Calories of Coriander
- Calories in Dandelion
- Dill calories per 100g
- Epazote carbs per 100g
- Garlic protein per 100g
- Ginger fat per 100g
- How many calories does lemongrass have?
- Calories in handful of parsley leaves
- Calories in tablespoon of parsley leaves
- Calories in bunch of parsley leaves
- How much protein in peppermint?
- Garlic vs White Onion nutrition
- Pickled Cucumber vs Persian Cucumber calories
- Champignon vs Mushrooms protein
- Champignon vs Portabella Mushrooms sugar
- Lentil vs Black Beans vitamins
- Lentil vs Edamame dietary fiber
- Lentil vs Garbanzo Beans vitaminium C
- Lentil vs Kidney Beans magnessium
- Lentil vs Black Eyed Peas potassium