Chickpeas vs Pinto Beans: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Chickpeas
At first glance, you can see that in chickpeas is just a little more calories than in pinto beans.
Chickpeas has 378 kcal per 100g and pinto beans 347 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 9%.
In chickpeas and in pinto beans most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare chickpeas with pinto beans in details.
Fact 2: Chickpeas And Pinto beans Nutrition Difference
Pinto beans vs Chickpeas: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Chickpeas||Pinto beans|
|Carbohydrates||62.95 g||62.55 g|
|Fat||6.04 g||1.23 g|
|Dietary fiber||12.2 g||15.5 g|
|Protein||20.47 g||21.42 g|
|Water||7.68 g||11.33 g|
|Calcium||57 mg||113 mg|
|Iron||4.31 mg||5.07 mg|
|Magnessium||79 mg||176 mg|
|Potassium||718 mg||1393 mg|
|Sodium||24 mg||12 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.477 mg||0.713 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.212 mg||0.212 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.541 mg||1.174 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.535 mg||0.474 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.557 mg||0.525 mg|
|Vitaminium C||4 mg||6.3 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.82 mg||0.21 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.009 mg||0.006 mg|
Less protein in chickpeas
It is aslo easy to see see that in chickpeas is less protein than in pinto beans.
There is 21.42g per 100g of pinto beans and 20.47g per 100g of chickpeas so using simple math we can see that difference is about 5%.
More carbohydrates in chickpeas
In chickpeas is more carbohydrates than in pinto beans.
There is 62.55g/100g of carbohydrates in pinto beans and 62.95g/100g in chickpeas so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 1%.
More fat in chickpeas
In chickpeas is more fats than in pinto beans.
The tables above show us that there is 1.23g/100g of fats in pinto beans and 6.04g/100g in chickpeas. In this case difference is about 391%.
- Carbohydrates62.95 g
- Fat6.04 g
- Dietary fiber12.2 g
- Protein20.47 g
- Water7.68 g
100g | ounce | cup | half cup
- 65% CARBS.
- 21% PROTEIN
- 14% FAT
Vitamins: pinto beans vs chickpeas
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): pinto beans 49% more than chickpeas
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): pinto beans 0% more than chickpeas
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chickpeas 31% more than pinto beans
- Vitaminium B6: chickpeas 13% more than pinto beans
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): chickpeas 6% more than pinto beans
- Vitaminium C: pinto beans 58% more than chickpeas
- Vitaminium E: chickpeas 290% more than pinto beans
- Vitaminium K: chickpeas 50% more than pinto beans
Minerals: chickpeas vs pinto beans
Compares of chickpeas
- Chickpeas vs Chia Seeds
- Chickpeas vs Quinoa
- Chickpeas vs Peas
- Chickpeas vs Black Beans
- Chickpeas vs Black Eyed Peas
- Chickpeas vs Edamame
- see all compares of chickpeas
Compares of pinto beans
- see all compares of pinto beans
- Calories from Chickpeas
- Calories of Wheat flour
- Calories in Puff pastry
- Skyr calories per 100g
- Egg carbs per 100g
- Duck breast protein per 100g
- Raisins fat per 100g
- How many calories does caviar have?
- Calories in a half of not reconstituted instant coffee
- Calories in whole not reconstituted instant coffee
- Calories for one, two or more not reconstituted instant coffee
- Calories in tablespoon of not reconstituted instant coffee
- Calories in teaspoon of not reconstituted instant coffee
- How much protein in Upma?