Chia Seeds vs Whole Milk: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Chia seeds
At first glance, you can see that in chia seeds is much more calories than in whole milk.
Chia seeds has 486 kcal per 100g and whole milk 61 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 697%.
In chia seeds and in whole milk most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare chia seeds with whole milk in details.
Fact 2: Chia seeds And Whole milk Nutrition Difference
Whole milk vs Chia seeds: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Chia seeds||Whole milk|
|Carbohydrates||42.12 g||4.46 g|
|Fat||30.74 g||3.46 g|
|Protein||16.54 g||3.1 g|
|Calcium||631 mg||101 mg|
|Iron||7.72 mg||0.05 mg|
|Magnessium||335 mg||5 mg|
|Phosphorus||860 mg||0.3 mg|
|Potassium||407 mg||253 mg|
|Sodium||16 mg||3 mg|
|Zink||4.58 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.62 mg||0.02 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.17 mg||0.105 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||8.83 mg||0.043 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||49 mg||0.005 mg|
|Vitaminium C||1.6 mg||0.9 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.5 mg||0.08 mg|
More protein in chia seeds
It is aslo easy to see see that in chia seeds is more protein than in whole milk.
There is 3.1g per 100g of whole milk and 16.54g per 100g of chia seeds so using simple math we can see that difference is about 434%.
More carbohydrates in chia seeds
In chia seeds is more carbohydrates than in whole milk.
There is 4.46g/100g of carbohydrates in whole milk and 42.12g/100g in chia seeds so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 844%.
More fat in chia seeds
In chia seeds is more fats than in whole milk.
The tables above show us that there is 3.46g/100g of fats in whole milk and 30.74g/100g in chia seeds. In this case difference is about 788%.
- Carbohydrates42.12 g
- Fat30.74 g
- Protein16.54 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 33% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 54% FAT
Vitamins: whole milk vs chia seeds
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): chia seeds 3000% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): chia seeds 62% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chia seeds 20435% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): chia seeds 979900% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium C: chia seeds 78% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium E: chia seeds 525% more than whole milk
Minerals: chia seeds vs whole milk
- Calcium: chia seeds 525% more than whole milk
- Iron: chia seeds 15340% more than whole milk
- Magnessium: chia seeds 6600% more than whole milk
- Phosphorus: chia seeds 286567% more than whole milk
- Potassium: chia seeds 61% more than whole milk
- Sodium: chia seeds 433% more than whole milk
- Zink: chia seeds 1427% more than whole milk
Compares of chia seeds
- Chia Seeds vs Buckwheat
- Chia Seeds vs Linseed
- Chia Seeds vs Poppy Seed
- Chia Seeds vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Chia Seeds vs Quinoa
- Chia Seeds vs Sesame
- see all compares of chia seeds
Compares of whole milk
- Calories from Chia seeds
- Calories of Coconut
- Calories in Linseed
- Hazelnuts calories per 100g
- Macadamia nuts carbs per 100g
- Peanuts protein per 100g
- Pecan fat per 100g
- How many calories do Pine nuts have?
- Calories in handful of poppy seed
- Calories in tablespoon of poppy seed
- Calories in teaspoon of poppy seed
- How much protein in pumpkin seeds?