Chia Seeds vs Walnuts: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Chia seeds
At first glance, you can see that in chia seeds is less calories than in walnuts.
Chia seeds has 486 kcal per 100g and walnuts 654 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 35%.
In chia seeds and in walnuts most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare chia seeds with walnuts in details.
Fact 2: Chia seeds And Walnuts Nutrition Difference
Walnuts vs Chia seeds: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Chia seeds||Walnuts|
|Carbohydrates||42.12 g||13.71 g|
|Fat||30.74 g||65.21 g|
|Dietary fiber||34.4 g||6.7 g|
|Protein||16.54 g||15.23 g|
|Calcium||631 mg||98 mg|
|Iron||7.72 mg||2.9 mg|
|Magnessium||335 mg||158 mg|
|Phosphorus||860 mg||346 mg|
|Potassium||407 mg||441 mg|
|Sodium||16 mg||2 mg|
|Zink||4.58 mg||3.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.62 mg||0.341 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.17 mg||0.15 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||8.83 mg||1.125 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||49 mg||98 mg|
|Vitaminium C||1.6 mg||1.3 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.5 mg||20.83 mg|
More protein in chia seeds
It is aslo easy to see see that in chia seeds is more protein than in walnuts.
There is 15.23g per 100g of walnuts and 16.54g per 100g of chia seeds so using simple math we can see that difference is about 9%.
More carbohydrates in chia seeds
In chia seeds is more carbohydrates than in walnuts.
There is 13.71g/100g of carbohydrates in walnuts and 42.12g/100g in chia seeds so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 207%.
Less fat in chia seeds
In chia seeds is less fats than in walnuts.
The tables above show us that there is 65.21g/100g of fats in walnuts and 30.74g/100g in chia seeds. In this case difference is about 112%.
- Carbohydrates42.12 g
- Fat30.74 g
- Dietary fiber34.4 g
- Protein16.54 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 33% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 54% FAT
Vitamins: walnuts vs chia seeds
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): chia seeds 82% more than walnuts
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): chia seeds 13% more than walnuts
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chia seeds 685% more than walnuts
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): walnuts 100% more than chia seeds
- Vitaminium C: chia seeds 23% more than walnuts
- Vitaminium E: walnuts 4066% more than chia seeds
Minerals: chia seeds vs walnuts
Compares of chia seeds
- Chia Seeds vs Buckwheat
- Chia Seeds vs Linseed
- Chia Seeds vs Poppy Seed
- Chia Seeds vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Chia Seeds vs Quinoa
- Chia Seeds vs Sesame
- see all compares of chia seeds
Compares of walnuts
- Calories from Chia seeds
- Calories of Coconut
- Calories in Linseed
- Hazelnuts calories per 100g
- Macadamia nuts carbs per 100g
- Peanuts protein per 100g
- Pecan fat per 100g
- How many calories do Pine nuts have?
- Calories in handful of poppy seed
- Calories in tablespoon of poppy seed
- Calories in teaspoon of poppy seed
- How much protein in pumpkin seeds?