Chia Seeds vs Couscous: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Chia seeds
At first glance, you can see that in chia seeds is much more calories than in couscous.
Chia seeds has 486 kcal per 100g and couscous 112 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 334%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in chia seeds cames from fat and in couscous from carbs.
See tables below to compare chia seeds with couscous in details.
Fact 2: Chia seeds And Couscous Nutrition Difference
Couscous vs Chia seeds: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Chia seeds||Couscous|
|Carbohydrates||42.12 g||23.22 g|
|Fat||30.74 g||0.16 g|
|Dietary fiber||34.4 g||1.4 g|
|Protein||16.54 g||3.79 g|
|Calcium||631 mg||8 mg|
|Iron||7.72 mg||0.38 mg|
|Magnessium||335 mg||8 mg|
|Phosphorus||860 mg||0.1 mg|
|Potassium||407 mg||58 mg|
|Sodium||16 mg||5 mg|
|Zink||4.58 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.62 mg||0.063 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.17 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||8.83 mg||0.983 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||49 mg||0.015 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.5 mg||0.13 mg|
More protein in chia seeds
It is aslo easy to see see that in chia seeds is more protein than in couscous.
There is 3.79g per 100g of couscous and 16.54g per 100g of chia seeds so using simple math we can see that difference is about 336%.
More carbohydrates in chia seeds
In chia seeds is more carbohydrates than in couscous.
There is 23.22g/100g of carbohydrates in couscous and 42.12g/100g in chia seeds so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 81%.
More fat in chia seeds
In chia seeds is more fats than in couscous.
The tables above show us that there is 0.16g/100g of fats in couscous and 30.74g/100g in chia seeds. In this case difference is about 19113%.
- Carbohydrates42.12 g
- Fat30.74 g
- Dietary fiber34.4 g
- Protein16.54 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 33% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 54% FAT
Vitamins: couscous vs chia seeds
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): chia seeds 884% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): chia seeds 530% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): chia seeds 798% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): chia seeds 326567% more than couscous
- Vitaminium E: chia seeds 285% more than couscous
Minerals: chia seeds vs couscous
- Calcium: chia seeds 7788% more than couscous
- Iron: chia seeds 1932% more than couscous
- Magnessium: chia seeds 4088% more than couscous
- Phosphorus: chia seeds 859900% more than couscous
- Potassium: chia seeds 602% more than couscous
- Sodium: chia seeds 220% more than couscous
- Zink: chia seeds 4480% more than couscous
Compares of chia seeds
- Chia Seeds vs Buckwheat
- Chia Seeds vs Linseed
- Chia Seeds vs Poppy Seed
- Chia Seeds vs Pumpkin Seeds
- Chia Seeds vs Quinoa
- Chia Seeds vs Sesame
- see all compares of chia seeds
Compares of couscous
- Calories from Chia seeds
- Calories of Coconut
- Calories in Linseed
- Hazelnuts calories per 100g
- Macadamia nuts carbs per 100g
- Peanuts protein per 100g
- Pecan fat per 100g
- How many calories do Pine nuts have?
- Calories in handful of poppy seed
- Calories in tablespoon of poppy seed
- Calories in teaspoon of poppy seed
- How much protein in pumpkin seeds?