Chia Seeds: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Chia seeds: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in chia seeds?
In particular, tablespoon of chia seeds (10 g) has about 49 calories.
It is about 2% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from tablespoon of chia seeds is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 0.5 apple
- 0.5 glass of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 0.5 slice of cheese
- 2.5 cubes of sugar
To burn this calories you need to bike at least 7 minutes, swim for about 6 minutes or run for 5 minutes.
Chia seeds: calories and nutrition per 100g
Calories and nutrition per ounce (oz)
How many calories in tablespoon, teaspoon or glass of chia seeds?
As I wrote before 100g have 486 calories. It is also easy to count how many calories will be in ie. tablespoon, teaspoon or glass of chia seeds.
- Tablespoon of chia seeds (10g)49 kcal
- Teaspoon of chia seeds (5g)24 kcal
- Glass full of chia seeds (180g)875 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of chia seeds138 kcal
- 10g of chia seeds49 kcal
- 20g of chia seeds97 kcal
- 50g of chia seeds243 kcal
- 100g of chia seeds486 kcal
Protein in chia seeds
Chia seeds have 16.54 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of tablespoon of chia seeds (10 g) you can see that you will get about 1.7 g of protein.
Carbs in chia seeds
Chia seeds have 42.12 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that tablespoon of chia seeds (10 g) has about 4.2 g of carbs.
Fat in chia seeds
Chia seeds have 30.74 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that tablespoon of chia seeds (10 g) has about 3.1 g of fat.
tablespoon of chia seeds (10 g) has:49kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
chia seeds - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A54 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.62 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.17 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)8.83 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)49 mcg
- Vitaminium C1.6 mg
- Vitaminium E0.5 mg
Energy content of chia seeds
- 33% CARBS
- 13% PROTEIN
- 54% FAT
chia seeds - minerals per 100g
- Potassium407 mg
- Phosphorus860 mg
- Magnessium335 mg
- Calcium631 mg
- Sodium16 mg
- Iron7.72 mg
- Zink4.58 mg
Do chia seeds make you fat? Whether it is good to eat chia seeds on diet?
Count of calories in chia seeds is in the middle point in comparsion to other products from seeds category. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific seeds, chia seeds seems to be a 'not bad' choice but you can find something better.
- How many calories do pistachios have?
- Calories in handful of pumpkin seeds
- Calories in tablespoon of pumpkin seeds
- Calories in glass of pumpkin seeds
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in quinoa?
- How much fat in sesame?
- How much protein in sunflower?
- What is weight of walnuts?
- Basil calories per ounce (oz)
- Borage calories per serving size