Brown Rice vs Wild Rice: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Brown rice
At first glance, you can see that in brown rice is just a little more calories than in wild rice.
Brown rice has 370 kcal per 100g and wild rice 357 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 4%.
In brown rice and in wild rice most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare brown rice with wild rice in details.
Fact 2: Brown rice And Wild rice Nutrition Difference
Wild rice vs Brown rice: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Brown rice||Wild rice|
|Carbohydrates||78.68 g||74.9 g|
|Fat||2.75 g||1.08 g|
|Dietary fiber||3.5 g||6.2 g|
|Protein||7.6 g||14.73 g|
|Water||9.82 g||7.76 g|
|Calcium||8 mg||21 mg|
|Iron||1.16 mg||1.96 mg|
|Magnessium||98 mg||177 mg|
|Potassium||219 mg||427 mg|
|Sodium||6 mg||7 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.277 mg||0.115 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.092 mg||0.262 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||4.973 mg||6.733 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.407 mg||0.391 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.014 mg||0.095 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.09 mg||0.82 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.001 mg||0.002 mg|
Less protein in brown rice
It is aslo easy to see see that in brown rice is less protein than in wild rice.
There is 14.73g per 100g of wild rice and 7.6g per 100g of brown rice so using simple math we can see that difference is about 94%.
More carbohydrates in brown rice
In brown rice is more carbohydrates than in wild rice.
There is 74.9g/100g of carbohydrates in wild rice and 78.68g/100g in brown rice so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 5%.
More fat in brown rice
In brown rice is more fats than in wild rice.
The tables above show us that there is 1.08g/100g of fats in wild rice and 2.75g/100g in brown rice. In this case difference is about 155%.
- Carbohydrates78.68 g
- Fat2.75 g
- Dietary fiber3.5 g
- Protein7.6 g
- Water9.82 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | glass | cup | cup | half cup
- 85% CARBS.
- 8% PROTEIN
- 7% FAT
Vitamins: wild rice vs brown rice
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): brown rice 141% more than wild rice
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): wild rice 185% more than brown rice
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): wild rice 35% more than brown rice
- Vitaminium B6: brown rice 4% more than wild rice
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): wild rice 579% more than brown rice
- Vitaminium E: wild rice 811% more than brown rice
- Vitaminium K: wild rice 100% more than brown rice
Minerals: brown rice vs wild rice
Compares of brown rice
- Brown Rice vs Buckwheat
- Brown Rice vs Millet
- Brown Rice vs Oats
- Brown Rice vs Wild Rice
- Brown Rice vs Black Beans
- Brown Rice vs Red Lentils
- see all compares of brown rice
Compares of wild rice
- Calories from Brown rice
- Calories of Breakfast sausage
- Calories in Chocolate covered almond
- Vegetable soup calories per 100g
- Cooked pinto beans carbs per 100g
- Dark chocolate protein per 100g
- Pork belly fat per 100g
- How many calories does Swiss cheese have?
- Calories in glass of grape juice
- How much protein in red wine?
- Arrowroot Flour vs Almond Flour nutrition
- Arrowroot Flour vs All-Purpose Flour calories
- Almond Milk vs Soya Bean Milk protein
- Coffee vs Green Tea sugar
- Coffee vs Cappuccino vitamins
- Coffee vs Espresso dietary fiber
- Coffee vs Cafe Mocha vitaminium C
- Coffee vs Hot Chocolate magnessium
- Coffee vs Chocolate Milk potassium