Brown Rice vs Rice: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Brown rice
At first glance, you can see that in brown rice is much more calories than in white rice.
Brown rice has 370 kcal per 100g and white rice 130 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 185%.
In brown rice and in white rice most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare brown rice with white rice in details.
Fact 2: Brown rice And White rice Nutrition Difference
- Calories: brown rice - 185% more than white rice
- Carbohydrates: brown rice - 179% more than white rice
- Fat: brown rice - 882% more than white rice
- Saturated fat: brown rice - 227% more than white rice
- Dietary fiber: brown rice - 775% more than white rice
- Protein: brown rice - 183% more than white rice
- Water: white rice - 597% more than brown rice
White rice vs Brown rice: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Brown rice||Rice|
|Carbohydrates||78.68 g||28.17 g|
|Fat||2.75 g||0.28 g|
|Saturated fat||0.49 g||0.15 g|
|Dietary fiber||3.5 g||0.4 g|
|Protein||7.6 g||2.69 g|
|Water||9.82 g||68.44 g|
|Calcium||8 mg||10 mg|
|Iron||1.16 mg||0.2 mg|
|Magnessium||98 mg||12 mg|
|Potassium||219 mg||35 mg|
|Sodium||6 mg||1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.277 mg||0.02 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.092 mg||0.013 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||4.973 mg||0.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.407 mg||0.093 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.014 mg||0.003 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.09 mg||0.04 mg|
More protein in brown rice
It is aslo easy to see see that in brown rice is more protein than in white rice.
There is 2.69g per 100g of white rice and 7.6g per 100g of brown rice so using simple math we can see that difference is about 183%.
More carbohydrates in brown rice
In brown rice is more carbohydrates than in white rice.
There is 28.17g/100g of carbohydrates in white rice and 78.68g/100g in brown rice so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 179%.
More fat in brown rice
In brown rice is more fats than in white rice.
The tables above show us that there is 0.28g/100g of fats in white rice and 2.75g/100g in brown rice. In this case difference is about 882%.
- Carbohydrates78.68 g
- Fat2.75 g
- Saturated fat0.49 g
- Dietary fiber3.5 g
- Protein7.6 g
- Water9.82 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | glass | cup | cup | half cup
- 85% CARBS.
- 8% PROTEIN
- 7% FAT
Vitamins: white rice vs brown rice
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): brown rice 1285% more than white rice
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): brown rice 608% more than white rice
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): brown rice 1143% more than white rice
- Vitaminium B6: brown rice 338% more than white rice
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): brown rice 367% more than white rice
- Vitaminium E: brown rice 125% more than white rice
Minerals: brown rice vs white rice
Compares of brown rice
- Brown Rice vs Buckwheat
- Brown Rice vs Millet
- Brown Rice vs Oats
- Brown Rice vs Wild Rice
- Brown Rice vs Black Beans
- Brown Rice vs Red Lentils
- see all compares of brown rice
Compares of white rice
- Calories from Brown rice
- Calories of Breakfast sausage
- Calories in Chocolate covered almond
- Vegetable soup calories per 100g
- Cooked pinto beans carbs per 100g
- Dark chocolate protein per 100g
- Pork belly fat per 100g
- How many calories does Swiss cheese have?
- Calories in glass of grape juice
- How much protein in red wine?