Broccoli: Calories and Nutrition Analyse
Broccoli: calories, protein, carbs and fat exact data
How many calories in broccoli?
In particular, medium size broccoli (520 g) has about 177 calories.
It is about 7% of daily calories intake for adult person with medium weight and medium activity (for calculation we assumed 2400 kcal daily intake).
To visualize how much it actualy is, take in mind that calories amount from medium size broccoli is similar to calories amount from ie.:
- 3 apples
- 2 glasses of Coca Cola (220 ml glass)
- 1.5 slices of cheese
- 1.5 slices of bread
- 1 glass of milk
- 9 cubes of sugar
For burning such amount of calories you have to bike at least 25 minutes, swim for about 21 minutes or run for 18 minutes.
See also Broccoli vitamins and minerals
Broccoli: calories and nutrition per 100g
Calories and nutrition per ounce (oz)
How many calories in 1, 2, 3 or 5 broccoli?
As I wrote before medium size broccoli (520 g) has 177 calories. It is easy to count that two broccoli have about 354 calories and three broccoli have about 531 calories. In table below you can also see calories amount for four and five broccoli.
- Medium size broccoli (520 g)177 kcal
- Broccoli cup, flowerets (71g)24 kcal
- Cup of broccoli (156g)53 kcal
- Half cup of broccoli (78g)27 kcal
- Broccoli 1 floweret (60g)20 kcal
- Ounce (oz) of broccoli10 kcal
- Half of medium size broccoli88.5 kcal
- Small size broccoli (416g)141.6 kcal
- Big size broccoli (676g)230.1 kcal
- Two medium size broccoli354 kcal
- Three medium size broccoli531 kcal
- Four medium size broccoli708 kcal
- Five medium size broccoli885 kcal
Protein in broccoli
Broccoli has 2.82 g protein per 100g.
When you multiplay this value with weight of medium size broccoli (520 g) you can see that you will get about 14.7 g of protein.
Carbs in broccoli
Broccoli has 6.64 g carbohydrates per 100g.
In the same way as for protein we can calculate that medium size broccoli (520 g) has about 34.5 g of carbs.
Fat in broccoli
Broccoli has 0.37 g fat per 100g.
So it is easy to count that medium size broccoli (520 g) has about 1.9 g of fat.
medium size broccoli (520 g) has:177kcalFor burning these calories you have to:
broccoli - vitamins per 100g
- Vitaminium A623 IU
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)0.071 mg
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)0.117 mg
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)0.639 mg
- Vitaminium B50.573 mg
- Vitaminium B60.175 mg
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)63 mcg
- Vitaminium C89.2 mg
- Vitaminium E0.17 mg
- Vitaminium K101.6 mg
Energy content of broccoli
- 65% CARBS
- 27% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
broccoli - minerals per 100g
- Potassium316 mg
- Magnessium21 mg
- Calcium47 mg
- Sodium33 mg
- Iron0.73 mg
- Zink0.41 mg
- Beta karoten361 mg
Does broccoli cause weight gain? How it affects your diet?
Similar to other products number of calories in broccoli puts it in the avarage of vegetables. If you are on diet and you are looking for low-calorific vegetables, broccoli seems to be a 'not bad' choice but you can find something better.
Similar calories number have:
- How many calories does fodder cabbage have?
- Calories in a half of eggplant
- Calories in whole eggplant
- Calories for one, two or more eggplants
- Calories in slice of eggplant
- How many carbs (carbohydrates) in endive?
- How much fat in fava beans?
- How much protein in fennel?
- What is weight of kale?
- Kohlrabi calories per ounce (oz)
- Leek calories per serving size