Bread Flour vs Wheat Flour: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Bread flour
At first glance, you can see that in bread flour is just a little less calories than in wheat flour.
Bread flour has 363 kcal per 100g and wheat flour 364 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 0%.
In bread flour and in wheat flour most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare bread flour with wheat flour in details.
Fact 2: Bread flour And Wheat flour Nutrition Difference
Wheat flour vs Bread flour: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Bread flour||Wheat flour|
|Carbohydrates||72.8 g||76.31 g|
|Fat||1.65 g||0.98 g|
|Protein||14.3 g||10.33 g|
|Water||10.7 g||11.92 g|
|Calcium||19 mg||15 mg|
|Iron||5.55 mg||1.17 mg|
|Magnessium||35.9 mg||22 mg|
|Phosphorus||145 mg||0.3 mg|
|Potassium||127 mg||107 mg|
|Sodium||3 mg||2 mg|
|Zink||145 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.953 mg||0.12 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.436 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||6.56 mg||1.25 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.079 mg||0.044 mg|
More protein in bread flour
It is aslo easy to see see that in bread flour is more protein than in wheat flour.
There is 10.33g per 100g of wheat flour and 14.3g per 100g of bread flour so using simple math we can see that difference is about 38%.
Less carbohydrates in bread flour
In bread flour is less carbohydrates than in wheat flour.
There is 76.31g/100g of carbohydrates in wheat flour and 72.8g/100g in bread flour so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 5%.
More fat in bread flour
In bread flour is more fats than in wheat flour.
The tables above show us that there is 0.98g/100g of fats in wheat flour and 1.65g/100g in bread flour. In this case difference is about 68%.
- Carbohydrates72.8 g
- Fat1.65 g
- Protein14.3 g
- Water10.7 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 80% CARBS.
- 16% PROTEIN
- 4% FAT
Vitamins: wheat flour vs bread flour
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): bread flour 694% more than wheat flour
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): bread flour 990% more than wheat flour
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): bread flour 425% more than wheat flour
- Vitaminium B6: bread flour 80% more than wheat flour
Minerals: bread flour vs wheat flour
- Calcium: bread flour 27% more than wheat flour
- Iron: bread flour 374% more than wheat flour
- Magnessium: bread flour 63% more than wheat flour
- Phosphorus: bread flour 48233% more than wheat flour
- Potassium: bread flour 19% more than wheat flour
- Sodium: bread flour 50% more than wheat flour
- Zink: bread flour 48233% more than wheat flour
Compares of bread flour
- Bread Flour vs All-Purpose Flour
- Bread Flour vs Almond Flour
- Bread Flour vs Cake Flour
- Bread Flour vs Self Rising Flour
- Bread Flour vs Fluor
- Bread Flour vs Wheat Flour
- see all compares of bread flour
Compares of wheat flour
- Calories from Bread flour
- Calories of Fried egg
- Calories in Turkey
- Pineapple juice calories per 100g
- Flounder (fillet, meat) carbs per 100g
- Argan oil protein per 100g
- Haddock fat per 100g
- How many calories does protein bar have?
- Calories in a half of salad greens
- Calories in whole salad greens
- Calories for one, two or more salad greens
- How much protein in zucchini bread?